1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording from the start of a viewed progamme

Discussion in 'FOXSAT-HDR Freesat Recorder' started by WightWalker, Sep 15, 2011.

1. WightWalker

WightWalker New Member

If I'm watching a program from the beginning & decide part way through that I'd like to record it why does it record from the point that the record button is pressed and not from the very beginning.

Is there a way around this.

My Freeview Topfield gives the option to start recording from either the current time or beginning of the program which is far more convenient.

2. keithatrochdale

keithatrochdale Super Moderator Staff Member

Will re-wind to the start of the program and then press record work?

3. Root Ginger

Root Ginger New Member

On the HDR you need to rewind to the point you want to start recording then hit record. Annoying, but that's how it works.

4. Trev

Trev The Dumb One

On the grounds that it's easier to ask someone than to try it for myself, allbeit a bit slower. Can you then fast forward to where you were and still record it all? I suspect not.

5. Root Ginger

Root Ginger New Member

Yes, you can record the buffer by rewinding then fast forward or skip back to where you were or watch another channel or recording.

6. Trev

Trev The Dumb One

Is this new in the latest software?

7. Brian

Brian Administrator Staff Member

I think that some of the replies in this thread are actually referring to the HDR-FOX T2, and Not the Foxsat HDR. People seem to get the two boxes mixed up, and post replies about the wrong box, thus confusing the situation and not helping the thread poster.

Perhaps graham or gomezz, or one of our other Foxsat HDR owners can give the correct answer to this.

8. gomezz

gomezz Well-Known Member

Rewinding the time-shift buffer to record from earlier does not work on the Foxsat HDR.

brian likes this.
  9. Brian

Brian Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for that, I thought this was the case, but don't have a Foxsat HDR myself, so wasn't sure.

10. Root Ginger

Root Ginger New Member

It's interesting how implementation differs from box to box. My old 9300T used to record from the buffer by default and no way of changing it.

11. Martin

Martin Member

On the old Hummy site some contributors posted various procedures to record the buffer with the Foxsat HDR, I have tried many times and never made it work.

12. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson Well-Known Member

The only way I know is to directly copy the timeshift buffer file (0.ts) to a PC.

13. Martin

Martin Member

Or plug a video/DVD recorder in the SCART socket, rewind to the start of the programme then record as you play..