Recordings cut short

Luke

Well-Knwοn Мember
you could try NTFS - although as Martin says this is not fully supported (but works for me).
Since it was posted that the HDR-2000T by an owner back in November 2013 that NTFS was working for them there have been other posters elsewhere that have stated that they use NTFS. None of those posts were in the context of having an issue - apart from the slowness of the transfers.

Back in November 2013 Martin Liddle found an article that stated that Humax had intended to use Tuxera in future recorders.

Based on information available at the time Peter Christy then explained why he thought it was OK to assume that the HDR-2000Ts are using Tuxera for NTFS support.
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/what-we-know-so-far.3740/page-9#post-50658

MartinLiddle

Super Moderator
Staff member
If your PC supports ext3 try reformatting the USB drive to that. If ext3 crashes your PC (it does mine, even with the correct device driver) you could try NTFS - although as Martin says this is not fully supported (but works for me).
What I said was that the manual says NTFS is not supported for copying. It is entirely possible that a software update added the copy operation. I did have a quick look to see if I could find the history of the updates for the HDR-2000T but did't find anything.

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
To be strictly accurate, that manual extract referred to says what is supported. It makes no claims about what is not supported. Supporting NTFS write doesn't break the spec.

This could easily be a case where a last-minute change in engineering didn't make it to the tech pubs department.

Luke

Well-Knwοn Мember
This could easily be a case where a last-minute change in engineering didn't make it to the tech pubs department.
Or just cost cutting where the manual for the HDR-2000T has been lifted from the HDR0FOX T2 without a full review.

Another area concerning formats for the HDR-2000T is where Humax states in the instructions accompanying a manual download of software that to update the software using a "USB pen" then it has to be FAT32. I bought my second HDR-2000T second hand in July 2014 and that is capable of updating using a USB stick formatted FAT16.