Recordings Going Into The Wrong Folder

peterpi

I'm having a problem with series pass (yes I had a TiVo) recordings. If I delete a program it goes into a folder in my Deleted Items folder. If I don't delete that folder, any subsequent recordings are saved to the folder inside the Deleted Files folder. If I chose to view the program before it has finished recording, the file is in the associated in the HDD root.

I think it might be down to the fact that I renamed the folder created by the "Undelete Package" by removing the [ ] brackets. Although I've done the same on my other machine and have no issues.

Any ideas?

The series-filer package would have an effect like that.

Starting a folder name with "[" is a specific marker protecting it from automatic processing. For example: the flatten package ignores "[" folders as if they were marked no-flatten. This is a convention adopted so that some custom firmware operations can be managed from the handset and not require a web browser. It also forces them to the bottom of the media list.

The series-filer package would have an effect like that.

Starting a folder name with "[" is a specific marker protecting it from automatic processing. For example: the flatten package ignores "[" folders as if they were marked no-flatten. This is a convention adopted so that some custom firmware operations can be managed from the handset and not require a web browser. It also forces them to the bottom of the media list.

OK, thanks for that, although the other machine operates OK. I changed it so as the folder would be near the top of the list.

I'll try renaming it with the [ ] and see what happens.

Do you have the series-filer package installed, or maybe using sweeper to do something similar?

Do you have the series-filer package installed, or maybe using sweeper to do something similar?

Thanks for the suggestions, I've not had a chance to check yet. One thing that has happened, since I put the [ ] around the Deleted Items, is that another folder has been created without the brackets. Emmerdale and Corrie stayed in their respective folders.

Thanks for the suggestions, I've not had a chance to check yet. One thing that has happened, since I put the [ ] around the Deleted Items, is that another folder has been created without the brackets. Emmerdale and Corrie stayed in their respective folders.
I think in Webif>Settings>Undelete Settings there is an option to change the name of the deleted items folder. If you did not make the change here and just edited the folder name directly, a folder with the old name would have been recreated the next time you deleted a programme.

Back