Redring - development and beta testing.

My 8Mb redring.log actually crashes the Web-If >> Diagnostics display window so it has to be viewed using Telnet
I'll try leaving it running to see when it crashes for me.:) I suppose af123 will have a much smaller log as he has scrolling disabled.;)

I have the clock all of the time but the debug logs still show the text that is being sent to the screen (even though it doesn't get there).

I'll filter the scroll stuff out of the debug logs in the next version. I have some more ideas about these intermittent problems too.

I have the clock all of the time but the debug logs still show the text that is being sent to the screen (even though it doesn't get there).

I'll filter the scroll stuff out of the debug logs in the next version. I have some more ideas about these intermittent problems too.
That should reduce the size of the log quite a lot then.:) If the intermittent problems include my stray icons, hopefully they can be sorted out because other than those, redring seems to be working well for me.:)

Maybe I spoke too soon, I've just noticed that the film Sahara that I was recording finished at 11:30 pm, but my box still has the REC icon displayed, and a bright Red ring.:confused:

Edit: Here is part of my redring.log for the end of Sahara recording

Code:
  [ REC = OFF ]
@ 1332545428 - Fri Mar 23 23:30:28 2012
Redring: REC icon off.
write(25838048) leave = 0
+> LEDControl(0x10) 00 01 00 00
  [ REC = OFF ]
write(25838048) enter = 1
-> LEDControl(0x10) 08 00 00 00
  [ Red Ring = OFF ]
@ 1332545429 - Fri Mar 23 23:30:29 2012
Redring: Ring going red.
write(25838048) leave = 0
+> LEDControl(0x10) 08 00 00 00
  [ Red Ring = OFF ]
Redring: Recording end 39.

Edit: 12:20 am I put the box in standby and the Red ring went Orange, but the REC icon is still lit up.

This morning both boxes had Orange rings, the box mentioned in my previous message was back to normal icons displaying, but the other box was displaying the "FULL" icon as well as the normal ones.

Thanks for the test reports and logs. I've just uploaded rc5. It also doesn't write anything about the text display to the debug log which should keep the size down! I haven't got it working exactly how I want yet (problems with pthread_cond_*()) but this should improve on the last one.

Code:
humax# opkg install http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/test/redring_0.99-5_mipsel.opk

Thanks for the test reports and logs. I've just uploaded rc5. It also doesn't write anything about the text display to the debug log which should keep the size down! I haven't got it working exactly how I want yet (problems with pthread_cond_*()) but this should improve on the last one.

Code:
humax# opkg install http://hummypkg.org.uk/hdrfoxt2/test/redring_0.99-5_mipsel.opk
Thanks, I will give this a try when I get a chance.:)

I have just installed rc5 on both boxes, and will see how things go over the next few days.

Is there an easy way to clear the redring.log files to have a fresh start with the new version? mine are currently 5.02 MiB & 13.87 MiB.

Results from first 0.99-5 test

Set recording from 00:30 to 00:35

00:18 placed Humax in standby, LED = dim Blue = O.K.
00:30 recording starts, LED = RED = O.K.
00:35 recording ends, LED blue then amber = O.K.

So first test passed, Looking good so far
EDIT
Test 2 Two staggered recordings from standby did :-

Amber - Blue - Red - Purple - Red - Blue - Amber correctly

Still looking good

Seems to working fine. Does anyone else find the logs confusing? - Pages and pages of the same 'ring brightness' and 'led control' - every command seems to be repeated several times? - very difficult to find any meat!

Looking good for me too.

For anyone that is interested, here's what the debug log is showing:

Lines starting -> are commands that the Humax software is sending to the front panel.
Lines starting +> are commands that are actually sent (possibly modified or augmented by redring).

So this is just the Humax software turning on the 'Disk space 1' icon (not really an LED), and redring letting it through unchanged.

Code:
-> LEDControl(0x10) 00 80 00 01
  [ Disk space 1 = ON ]
+> LEDControl(0x10) 00 80 00 01
  [ Disk space 1 = ON ]

If you press a button on the remote control, then you'll see this:

Code:
-> DisplayBrightness(0x19) fc
+> DisplayBrightness(0x19) fc
-> RingBrightness(0x1a) fc
+> RingBrightness(0x1a) fc

which is the Humax software brightening the screen and ring, followed after a short time by:

Code:
-> DisplayBrightness(0x19) 78
+> DisplayBrightness(0x19) 78
-> RingBrightness(0x1a) 78
+> RingBrightness(0x1a) 78

which is the Humax software dimming it down again. In this case, the last number is the brightness level.

For other events, you'll see redring injecting comments between a command being received and let through.

Code:
-> LEDControl(0x10) 00 01 00 01
  [ REC = ON ]
@ 1332836182 - Tue Mar 27 08:16:22 2012
Redring: REC icon on.
+> LEDControl(0x10) 00 01 00 01
  [ REC = ON ]

remember that with debug disabled, you'll just see the timestamp and 'REC icon on' log line.

Going into standby with a recording in progress might make more sense now:

Code:
-> RingBrightness(0x1a) 1d
@ 1332836601 - Tue Mar 27 08:23:21 2012
Redring: Power-off dim detected.
        Inhibiting.
(Note: not let through)

-> RingColour(0xe) 00
@ 1332836602 - Tue Mar 27 08:23:22 2012
Redring: Ring trying to go amber.
        Still recording.
+> RingBrightness(0x1a) fc
(Note: Instead of letting the amber ring command through, the ring brightness is changed to the level configured in settings)

and when the recording finishes..

Code:
-> LEDControl(0x10) 00 01 00 00
  [ REC = OFF ]
@ 1332836697 - Tue Mar 27 08:24:57 2012
Redring: REC icon off.
        System is in standby.
        Changing to dim blue.
+> RingColour(0xe) 01
+> RingBrightness(0x1a) 40
+> LEDControl(0x10) 00 01 00 00
  [ REC = OFF ]
(Note: Here the REC icon off command is let through but two commands are added in the middle (ring blue and brightness 0x40)

etc. etc.

Thanks af123 for you clarification - starts to make sense - but why 'ring brightness....78' (for example), repeated up to 30 times - is Humax hard of hearing????

I presume it just wants to make sure!
It's probably a dedicated software event that is automatically triggered whenever something else happens, as in 'dim the display in 5 seconds'. It's possible that lots of dim events just get queued up.

I haven't had a chance to load version 5, but version 3 leaves the red ring on after a recording if you are playing the same recording but watching it 15 minutes behind. I think it is called chase playback. The redring is still on after you finish watching the completed recording.
If you then turn the unit off and back on it is correct.

Back