Register new remote for DTR T1010

PeterB

I have bought a new remote for my YouView box but I don't know how to register it with the Humax. I have tried holding the PVR button down, but this just flashes all of the time. After I release this, none of the other buttons can light up the PVR button or be recognised by the Humax.
Can anyone help me out here please?

You shouldn't need to "register" the remote to control the Youview box if you mean it is a Humax Youview remote control you have bought. Press the PVR button to put it into PVR mode then all the buttons should operate the Youview box. Press the TV button and it will put it into TV mode but this *does* need you to tell the remote what TV you have (I forget the process for doing that).

You shouldn't need to "register" the remote to control the Youview box if you mean it is a Humax Youview remote control you have bought. Press the PVR button to put it into PVR mode then all the buttons should operate the Youview box. Press the TV button and it will put it into TV mode but this *does* need you to tell the remote what TV you have (I forget the process for doing that).

Do I have to press and hold the PVR button, if so for how long do you reckon?
The new remote looks exactly like the one that came with the Humax when I bought it new, and I have put new batteries into it.

Last edited:
If it's like the other Humax handsets, just a press. I guess pressing the control buttons should light either the PVR button or the TV button (the HDR-FOX handset has four mode buttons, but it also has six control channels for the PVR mode).

Have you done the basic checks? See Things Every... (click) section 13.

I'm a bit red faced here because i checked the battery voltages and found that they we only around 1.1v each! So, i swapped them for a couple that read 1.5v and now all is working just fine. A single press of the PVR button gets the remote and the Humax talking.
Thanks for taking the time to reply to me Gomezz, sorry that I didn't make that basic check first!

Back