Reinstalled Custom F/W - no icons in title bar

RatherLargeZ

I've just replaced my original Hard Disk (320GB) with a new, similar one (500GB). Reinstalled the latest Custom Firmware (4.1.3) - all good. The only fly in the ointment is that no icons are appearing in the Freesat title bar in the Custom Web Interface (see image below). I'm sure there used to be icons here. I can get the small icons appearing below it by making a change in the Setting menu, but on a tablet they are quite small. Any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks.

freesat.jpg

How sure are you about having adjustable icon size ?
The shortcut toolbar icons used for navigation can be on or off.
Check "Settings" -> "Web Interface Settings" -> "Display Shortcut Toolbar on every screen" and choose 'Yes' for on.

I'm not aware of any way you can change their size from the user GUI.
You can see how they look when 'on' in the documentation.

I can get the small icons appearing below it by making a change in the Setting menu, but on a tablet they are quite small.
With the small icons on, what happens if you click on the icon that looks a bit similar to a mobile phone?
1724168323267.png

That's a browser thing. Probably be OK tomorrow, or you can force a reload.
Turns out this was *my* browser thing! I didn't (and still don't*) get the full image in post 1. I do in post 4 though, which I assume is the same as post 1 (with the addition of annotation).

* Correction: I do now.

Last edited:
OK. Maybe it was me. I was sure that the icons appeared in the main bar without turning on the option to make them appear underneath. But why make them appear under the main bar if they originally appeared there? I must be losing it. I don't see the mobile phone icon that appears in post 4. Probably linked to a package I don't have installed. Sorry to have troubled you all.

Probably linked to a package I don't have installed.
Yes.

I was sure that the icons appeared in the main bar without turning on the option to make them appear underneath.
I only know the HDR-FOX CF (not Foxsat-HDR), but the CF home page comprises large icons for the respective sub-pages. If enabled in settings, then a panel of smaller icons pops up by hovering/clicking the Freeview (in your case Freesat) logo, as short-cuts to the pages rather than having to navigate back to the main page each time.

I don't see the mobile phone icon that appears in post 4. Probably linked to a package I don't have installed.
I also only know the HDR-FOX CF (not Foxsat-HDR) but have you closely examined the default behind the setting options? On the HDR-FOX version the mobile option can be turned off entirely.
1724247946454.png

Back