Remote access from the Internet

Wallace

Traveler 34122
This is stupid and I am really kicking myself, but I have forgotten the correct page to access the Web-If from the Internet.

I have previously set up remote access on my iPhone and that still works a treat. However, I have just got myself an iPad4 and want to set that up too. For the life of me I cannot find/remember how I did it! DOH.

I have set up port forwarding on my router (and it works as I can use my iPhone when out of my home and on 3G for example).

I know my external IP address but just can't remember what the rest of the address is, either for the conventional Web-IF or the new Remote pages.

I have tried the Wiki and got myself in a right spin searching general threads but have not found anything. I know it's there, that's the annoying thing.

Thanks.

The stupid thing is that I know it's a simple thing, I just can't remember what I did.

It thought it was just a case of entering the external IP address in my browser and as the port is redirected to the Hummy, the login page should appear.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Hah! Sorted.

I forgot that I only enabled port 443 (SSL) to increase security. Of course schoolboy error (yes another one), I wasn't entering https://, just http://, DOH!

I knew it was simples!

Thanks for the memory jog Steve...

Humour me on this one..........
Is it possible using the WebIf ( or is it easily possible) to control the Humax via the webif in real time. E.G actually tell the Humax to play a certain file, switch it off etc.....
The reason for my ask is it would be an easy way get the teenage daughter to go to bed while we are upstairs, simply logging on via my mobile and ascertaining control over her viewing habits.....Basically being able to stop playing a file or just switching the box off.
Tell me if its pie in the sky, i realise its not high on other folks wishlist...

You can do some of what you wish.

Use the Remote Control feature, either via the WebIf or the IR (Remote Control) package. The only problem I foresee is that you cannot tell what they are watching etc without you being in front of the connected TV.

Also, it would not be practical to 'tell the Humax to play a certain file' as, although you could access the full features of the original remote control, I.E. press the Media button, but you wouldn't be in front of the TV to select the required programme, if you get my meaning?

Some features would be impractical, the EPG for instance. Yes you can press the Guide button in the Web-If remote, but you cant see it if you are in another room.

You can, however, change channels and even put the Hummy into standby. Be warned though, once in standby, you will not be able to bring the Hummy out of standby without using the original remote control or pressing the button on the front of the machine.

You certainly could press the stop key to cease her viewing a recording and then press the standby key to power off as mentioned above.

Just hope that she doesn't get wise and disconnect the Hummy from your network, WiFi or Ethernet, :)

HTH

You can do some of what you wish.

Use the Remote Control feature, either via the WebIf or the IR (Remote Control) package. The only problem I foresee is that you cannot tell what they are watching etc without you being in front of the connected TV.

Also, it would not be practical to 'tell the Humax to play a certain file' as, although you could access the full features of the original remote control, I.E. press the Media button, but you wouldn't be in front of the TV to select the required programme, if you get my meaning?

Some features would be impractical, the EPG for instance. Yes you can press the Guide button in the Web-If remote, but you cant see it if you are in another room.

You can, however, change channels and even put the Hummy into standby. Be warned though, once in standby, you will not be able to bring the Hummy out of standby without using the original remote control or pressing the button on the front of the machine.

You certainly could press the stop key to cease her viewing a recording and then press the standby key to power off as mentioned above.

Just hope that she doesn't get wise and disconnect the Hummy from your network, WiFi or Ethernet, :)

HTH
Oh perfect.....where is the remote control feature on the web if???

OK does not work from my laptop but does from my smartphone which is what i use anyway !!! Awesome !! Haha no more late nights complaining about not being able to get up for school the morning after!!! Am i a bad parent lol?? :frantic:

Back