Remote Control Issue!!

RJM41

Hi everyone
I need some help with my remote control, the batteries were running low so I purchased new ones and inserted them into the remote. When trying to use the remote, it will no longer control the foxsat HDR. It still controls the tv though. Now here's what did my nut in,I thought i would put the nearly flat batteries back in, hey presto it now controls the HDR. Any help would be great, thanks.

Have you changed the remote control code set used by the HDR at some point in the past? When you changed batteries this may have reset the remote control back to use the default set while the HDR is still working on the alternate set. There are instructions on how to check and change this on here if you do a search: Point the remote at the HDR then press and hold ZERO + OK keys together for a few seconds until you see an onscreen display.

I've been a bit premature there, it worked for a minute or two before becoming unusable again. Can someone please tell me where I can find detailed instructions on how to do
What Gomezz was suggesting.
Thank you

Thanks for link, with new batts inserted I could not get any response from pressing 0 + ok. Replaced old batts then the 0+ ok worked , pressed no1 then got message, code changed.
Put new batts in and still no response.
I just hope my old Batteries last cuz I find this Weird.

Thanks for link, with new batts inserted I could not get any response from pressing 0 + ok. Replaced old batts then the 0+ ok worked , pressed no1 then got message, code changed.
Put new batts in and still no response.
I just hope my old Batteries last cuz I find this Weird.

Sounds like your new batteries aren't new :). Try them in something else.

This is a second set I've tried, they are all new. It's Mental.

Point your remote at a digital camera and take a picture while pressing a button. Digital cameras can see IR. Check the white pvr button flashes red when you press a button.

Install the custom firmware and use the Remote Control capability on a PC, smart phone etc (anything with a web browser) to eliminate the box.

They were bought in different locations, tried both sets of batts in another device and they work fine.

Yet with the new batteries the remote is able control the TV set? I am out of ideas.

I'll give Humax a ring, not holding much hope though. New batts can't control pvr , put old ( nearly flat batts back in) hey presto I can now control pvr.I'm now going outside to bang my head against a wall.
thanks for the replies.

Got in contact with Humax, the person was baffled by the problem. There sending me a new remote.
Thank for the help guys..

One thought. Many batteries that are supposedly 1.5V can actually be as low as 1.2V. This may weaken the IR signal enough to not be readable by the HDR which is well known for having an iffy IR detector (I assume you have already removed *both* protective films from outside and insde the HDR front panel flap and scraped away the black coating too?) while the TV has a more sensitive IR detector.

Yes I've checked voltage and done the scraping of the little window jobbies.
I'm just glad there sending a new remote.
Thanks again

Actually just checked and I am still on the original batteries. I wonder how many other people are? There may be trouble ahead ... :eek:

I have just spent a day chasing this same fault. Finally decided to re-try original batteries --- and they worked ! (I had changed the batteries because the remote stopped working). I then tried two non-rechargeble batteries --- success. There should be a caution somewhere to avoid using rechargeable batteries.

But why would you want to use rechargeables? Ordinary batteries can be bought for much less and last a lot longer (than between charges of a self discharging rechargeable). It's false economy using rechargeables in miniscule current requirement equipment.

Back