Remote control

mihaid

Has anyone managed to open it up or now where to start? My ok button only sends a signal when pressed extra hard. £25-30 it's probably too much for a new one.

How about a universal remote instead? The Harmony 300 is a popular and inexpensive choice.

One of my HDR-FOX remotes does similar to the OP. Is the Foxsat remote the same type? There are instructions for internal maintenance on the Wiki HERE (click).

The Foxsat HDR uses an RM-F01, and the HD/HDR-FOX T2 both use an RM-F04. They have a slightly different button layout, but other than that seem fairly similar, and may use the same type of back.

If you're using the harmony maybe you've got the old one knocking about?
I do but its buttons are as hit and miss as yours seem to be and I still use it for tweaking TV and amp settings without needing to temporarily put the Harmony into Device mode.

I do but its buttons are as hit and miss as yours seem to be and I still use it for tweaking TV and amp settings without needing to temporarily put the Harmony into Device mode.
As you can see above, the cleaning as explained above works a treat. I totally recommend it.

The Foxsat HDR uses an RM-F01, and the HD/HDR-FOX T2 both use an RM-F04. They have a slightly different button layout, but other than that seem fairly similar, and may use the same type of back.

The T2 has a Hub button, lacking on the Foxsat. The Foxsat has a schedule button, lacking on the T2. Those are the only gotchas I have experienced, apart from commands I never use, eg, bookmarks and such like.

Back