Remote Scheduling for Foxsat-HDR Now Available

MofTot

I'm very pleased to announce the availability of Remote Scheduling for Foxsat-HDR.

Remote Scheduling enables you to manage your list of scheduled recordings while you're out and about, from anywhere with a Web browser and Internet connection, without having to expose your Humax device to the Internet or leave it powered on.

As long as your Humax has Internet access and wakes up occasionally to check for updates or make a recording, it will work.

It allows you to perform the following:
  • Schedule recording of a single/series/split/manual TV or radio event.
  • Automatically schedule recording of a single/series event based on keywords/channel/time etc.
  • Remove recording schedule.
  • See disk contents.
  • Delete a recorded program, useful when the box is running low on free space.
  • Get warnings about failed recordings.
  • See disk statistics (total/used/free space).
  • See warnings about recording conflicts, eg when more than two concurrent recordings have been scheduled within the same time window.
This is a port of Remote Scheduling that has been available for HD-Fox T2/HDR-Fox T2 for a few years.

Please refer to the updated Wiki covering all 3 PVRs on:

https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Remote_Scheduling_Portal

Specifically, start with the [Overview] and [Getting Started] tabs on the Wiki.

Many thanks to af123 who wrote the original Remote Scheduling plug-in for the HD-Fox T2/HDR-Fox T2 and the Remote Scheduling server and who has been extremely helpful throughout this porting effort. I couldn't have done this without all your help and support.

Thanks also go to the beta testers David500, adrianf36 and garynl for their very valuable feedback and support.

I hope you find this new package useful, looking forward to your feedback.

Last edited:
Does this use the same infrastructure as the HD/HDR-FOX, and contribute to the same statistics?

I'm very pleased to announce the availability of Remote Scheduling for Foxsat-HDR.

Remote Scheduling enables you to manage your list of scheduled recordings while you're out and about, from anywhere with a Web browser and Internet connection, without having to expose your Humax device to the Internet or leave it powered on.

As long as your Humax has Internet access and wakes up occasionally to check for updates or make a recording, it will work.

It allows you to perform the following:
  • Schedule recording of a single/series/split/manual TV or radio event.
  • Automatically schedule recording of a single/series event based on keywords/channel/time etc.
  • Remove recording schedule.
  • See disk contents.
  • Delete a recorded program, useful when the box is running low on free space.
  • Get warnings about failed recordings.
  • See disk statistics (total/used/free space).
  • See warnings about recording conflicts, eg when more than two concurrent recordings have been scheduled within the same time window.
This is a port of Remote Scheduling that has been available for HD-Fox T2/HDR-Fox T2 for a few years.

Please refer to the updated Wiki covering all 3 PVRs on:

Specifically, start with the [Overview] and [Getting Started] tabs on the Wiki.

Many thanks to af123 who wrote the original Remote Scheduling plug-in for the HD-Fox T2/HDR-Fox T2 and the Remote Scheduling server and who has been extremely helpful throughout this porting effort. I couldn't have done this without all your help and support.

Thanks also go to the beta testers David500, adrianf36 and garynl for their very valuable feedback and support.

I hope you find this new package useful, looking forward to your feedback.

Hi,
I'm having trouble setting this up. I'm logged in OK and have been able to delete a schedule and see a new one I setup on the HDR, so I think the communication is there. I can't schedule from the site because the EPG does not come up(see screenshot). I've reloaded firmware 4.1.3 and have webif version 2.88. Any suggestions?
Thanks
NoEPG.jpg

I'm having trouble setting this up. I'm logged in OK and have been able to delete a schedule and see a new one I setup on the HDR, so I think the communication is there. I can't schedule from the site because the EPG does not come up(see screenshot). I've reloaded firmware 4.1.3 and have webif version 2.88. Any suggestions?
Hi Jimbo767

Thanks for your feedback. About half of the new users have issues with the EPG not populating on the RS server, af123 is currently investigating.

I suggest you set Description for your device on your RS account settings (https://rs.hpkg.tv/acct/) to include your hummy.tv forum name, then I can investigate your specific box further.

Thanks.

Hi Jimbo767

Thanks for your feedback. About half of the new users have issues with the EPG not populating on the RS server, af123 is currently investigating.

I suggest you set Description for your device on your RS account settings to include your hummy.tv forum name, then I can investigate your specific box further.

Thanks.
Thanks, I've done that. Also updated my email and EPG to 'none' in case my channel list confused it.

Thanks, I've done that. Also updated my email and EPG to 'none' in case my channel list confused it.
Thank you Jimbo767.

I see the following log entry when you registered:

Code:
Pushed channels: 0 channels, 3 favourite groups, 49 favourites

RS only pushes non-hidden channels to the server in order to keep CPU, disk and bandwidth usage to a minimum. Out of curiosity, how many channels on your box are hidden and how many are visible? You control which channels are hidden in the WebIf Channel Editor.

Thank you Jimbo767.

I see the following log entry when you registered:

Code:
Pushed channels: 0 channels, 3 favourite groups, 49 favourites

RS only pushes non-hidden channels to the server in order to keep CPU, disk and bandwidth usage to a minimum. Out of curiosity, how many channels on your box are hidden and how many are visible? You control which channels are hidden in the WebIf Channel Editor.
I've re-tuned the satellites and confirmed my postcode. I've also deleted all my channel groups from webif so it's now just the full list. I notice on the settings page of RS it shows multi region inactive at the top in red and also in the devices box it shows EPG region unknown. Is that the problem and can I define it? In the schedule list on the Home page it lists the channel number but shows the channel name as unknown, so it's not getting the channel names.

This seems to be related to a failure uploading the channel list from your box. I'm going to look through the server logs and see if I can find where the problem is.

I've re-tuned the satellites and confirmed my postcode. I've also deleted all my channel groups from webif so it's now just the full list. I notice on the settings page of RS it shows multi region inactive at the top in red and also in the devices box it shows EPG region unknown. Is that the problem and can I define it? In the schedule list on the Home page it lists the channel number but shows the channel name as unknown, so it's not getting the channel names.
I suspect that the package installation was partly unsuccessful, potentially because it was run too soon after the box was started, in which case the changes to the channel database required by the installation were overwritten by the box rebuilding the channel database.

In order to investigate further, would it be possible for you to log on to the box using telnet or ssh, run the following commands and report back with the results, please?

Code:
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "select count(*) from tbl_svc_x;"
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "select count(*) from tbl_svc_default_x;"
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "select * from bbc_region;"
ls -al /opt/epg/channels*.db

If any of the above fails with

Code:
Error: no such table: <table_name>

this part of the installation was overwritten so you would need to uninstall the package and install it again, this time 30 min. after the box has started.

No changes in the channels on the box (including favorite groups) are reflected on the server automatically, the channel setup is only pushed at installation time. You would need to run a command logged on to the box to push the channels again (I'm considering making this possible from RemoteScheduling Plug-in Settings in the next release). For now, could you please run the following in order to investigate issues with the channel server push:

Code:
rs -f -d push channels > /opt/tmp/rs_push_channels.txt

and attach the file /opt/tmp/rs_push_channels.txt to your reply.

Thanks a lot for helping out sorting this.

Hi,
Not used telnet before, so it might take me some time to unravel its mysteries. When I first use RS I was on 4.1.2 and have upgraded to 4.1.3. Might this be a problem? Would it help to wipe my details off your server and fro me to log in afresh? I've logged out from it.

OK, in that case it's probably easiest for you to uninstall the rs package from the box and re-install. Just make sure that the box has been switched on for at least 15 min. before you re-install.

It's not related to CFW upgrade, as long as you're on CFW 4.1.3.

Not used telnet before, so it might take me some time to unravel its mysteries.
Telnet is a means to access a command line via the network, and is a useful tool in the kit. A start-up guide can be found in the wiki (click) - this relates to HDR-FOX, but FOXSAT-HDR will be very similar (and in any case, the PC end will be the same whatever box you want to talk to).

Thanks, I've just learn't a new skill. Attached is the file you wanted and I've pasted the telnet results onto it. Any help?

Attachments

• rs_push_channels.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 5
I suspect that the package installation was partly unsuccessful, potentially because it was run too soon after the box was started, in which case the changes to the channel database required by the installation were overwritten by the box rebuilding the channel database.

In order to investigate further, would it be possible for you to log on to the box using telnet or ssh, run the following commands and report back with the results, please?

Code:
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "select count(*) from tbl_svc_x;"
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "select count(*) from tbl_svc_default_x;"
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "select * from bbc_region;"
ls -al /opt/epg/channels*.db

If any of the above fails with

Code:
Error: no such table: <table_name>

this part of the installation was overwritten so you would need to uninstall the package and install it again, this time 30 min. after the box has started.

No changes in the channels on the box (including favorite groups) are reflected on the server automatically, the channel setup is only pushed at installation time. You would need to run a command logged on to the box to push the channels again (I'm considering making this possible from RemoteScheduling Plug-in Settings in the next release). For now, could you please run the following in order to investigate issues with the channel server push:

Code:
rs -f -d push channels > /opt/tmp/rs_push_channels.txt

and attach the file /opt/tmp/rs_push_channels.txt to your reply.

Thanks a lot for helping out sorting this.
Attached file, hope it helps.

Attachments

• rs_push_channels.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 2
Thank you very much, very helpful, sorry for late reply, for some reason I didn't get a notification.

There is definitely something wrong with the installation because the second number is 0 (it should be close to 200) and it hasn't detected your BBC region.

Could I ask you to run the following command, please, and upload /opt/tmp/channels_schema.txt:

Code:
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db .schema > /opt/tmp/channels_schema.txt

I've also released a new version 1.4.5-10, please upgrade after you've done the above, this new version makes it easier to investigate installation issues in relation to channels in RemoteScheduling Plug-in Settings and now it's also possible to push channels from there.

You'll need to click [Update package list from Internet] in WebIf Package Management and then you'll find the new version on the Upgrades tab. Any warnings about /opt/tmp/views.sql during the upgrade can be ignored.

Last edited:
Telnet is a means to access a command line via the network, and is a useful tool in the kit. A start-up guide can be found in the wiki (click) - this relates to HDR-FOX, but FOXSAT-HDR will be very similar (and in any case, the PC end will be the same whatever box you want to talk to).
Thanks Black Hole.

First off...WOW...what a great addition to the HDR. BIG thank you to MofTof and all involved in bringing this to fruition. Who would think this rather mature box has so much life left in it.

I’ve had a similar experience to Jimbo767. I have three HDR’s, two installed as expected. The third one never showed the EPG on the webpage. Tried reinstalling on the HDR, removed and reactivating on the webpage. Then I saw the comment about leaving the HDR for 30mins before installing. The other machines had been running for more than that, the problem one not.
It just so happened to coincide that I had uninstalled the package on the HDR and deleted it from the webpage and was waiting the 30mins, when the new version 1.4.5-10 of the package was added to the repository.

Needless to say it has now given me the EPG. If it was my waiting 30mins or something about the new version...don’t know.
The only thing that I think is worth mentioning is the troubled machine reports its BBC Region as Unknown/518. The other boxes correctly report where they think they are.

First off...WOW...what a great addition to the HDR. BIG thank you to MofTof and all involved in bringing this to fruition. Who would think this rather mature box has so much life left in it.
Thank you very much, you're most welcome, glad that you find it useful!
Needless to say it has now given me the EPG. If it was my waiting 30mins or something about the new version...don’t know.
The only thing that I think is worth mentioning is the troubled machine reports its BBC Region as Unknown/518. The other boxes correctly report where they think they are.
OK, could I ask you to run the following command logged on to the box via telnet or ssh and reply with the result, please?
Code:
sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "select szsvcname from tbl_svc_default where uslcn = 101;"
And just out of curiosity, have you at any point had the satinfo package installed on any of your 3 boxes?

~ $ sqlite3 /opt/epg/channels.db "select szsvcname from tbl_svc_default where uslcn = 101;"
BBC One Yk&Li
~ $
~ $

For personal reasons the other boxes think they are in Scotland. If that is factor.

Satinfo is installed on all three.

Back