Remote Scheduling for Foxsat-HDR Now Available

Hello readers!
This evening 5 minutes after booting my troublesome HDR did on its own send a disk content update.

Am I perhaps understanding the feature incorrectly. How often and under what circumstances does the box send a content update.
The box is remotely located away from the TV room. It comes on 6pm to midnight each day. It’s recordings played on another HDR over a network. Currently it has just one program it records each week.
Is it smart enough to only update when there’s something to tell?

Sorry, I remembered there had been recent discussion about something similar but got the wrong thread; try https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/foxsat-epg-not-being-processed.10707/
Many thanks for that - all very interesting. So it wasn't the reinstall that fixed it, it just happened to install the fixed 1.9.0 epg. Having said that, the fix-disk found and fixed a shed load of issues so all is well.

However, having done the reinstall from scratch, there still seems to be a bug that allows the "/opt/webif/plugin/RemoteScheduling/rs.db" database to be installed with missing records. My original post #178 (https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/remo...sat-hdr-now-available.8153/page-9#post-163935) should hopefully enable anyone else with a similar problem to fix it.

My 320GB hard drive finally packed up. I managed to get a 500GB one from Amazon for £11.84. It was titled as "Seagate ST3500312CS Pipeline HD", but the one that arrived says Seagate Video drive. Anyway, it seems to work ok (just a straight swap with no fiddling about with jumpers etc). I needed to do the fix that I mentioned in post #178. At that price I'm tempted to buy another to keep in stock in case of another failure - they will probably be impossible to source in the future!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-ST3500312CS-Pipeline-HD/dp/B002CMOH26

the one that arrived says Seagate Video drive.
Picture of the label?
I'm tempted to buy another to keep in stock in case of another failure - they will probably be impossible to source in the future!
There'll probably be something that will work just as well. You might even have one already from the description above.
I've got at least one that I don't know what to do with!

I managed to get a 500GB one from Amazon for £11.84. It was titled as "Seagate ST3500312CS Pipeline HD"
There's no way a Seagate Pipeline will be that price, unless it's knackered.

From HDR-FOX HDD Replacement (but it mostly applies to Foxsat-HDR as well):

Choosing a Replacement Drive

The OEM (original equipment manufacture) drive was the Seagate Pipeline. At the time of writing (end of 2020), these are now only available as remnant stock. New old-stock does turn up, but unscrupulous sellers have cottoned onto the idea that the Pipelines are in demand (as like-for-like replacements; they were commonly used in PVRs including Sky boxes) and are hawking second hand units as "new" on the likes of Amazon Marketplace and eBay...

Back