Remote Scheduling Has Stopped Working

skilleter

Hi,

Remote scheduling has recently stopped working - recording are not being scheduled on the box and the web interface shows a list of queued auto-schedule commands including some in the past.
The 'last seen' message at the top of rs.hpkg.tv says that box was last seen just a few minutes ago and the box seems to be working fine otherwise.
I'm not sure when it stopped working but it must have happened fairly recently.
If I run /mod/sbin/rs_process now on the CLI it reports undefined symbols, so I'm guessing there's a problem with one of the packages, although they are all up-to-date.

Any ideas?

Thanks

John
Code:
Humax HDR-Fox T2 (humax) 1.03.12/3.00

To return to the menu, type: exit

humax#  /mod/sbin/rs_process now
Processing command 'schedule auto'
*Schedule 17664/31780/1/104/Channel 4 HD/1627131600/Live: Formula E London E-Prix...
*Trying source service/event ID.
/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl:87: Error: can't read "usSvcid": no such variable
in procedure 'get_channel_attr_bylcn' called at file "/mod/sbin/rs_process", line 191
in procedure '<reference.<svc____>.00000000000000000000>' called at file "/mod/webif/lib/findhsvc", line 14
in procedure 'svc get' called at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 52
at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 73
at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 87

Last edited:
Just a point of procedure: use [CODE]...[/CODE] not [ICODE]...[/ICODE] tags for displaying dumps in posts.

Any ideas?
Not really, somebody with more technical expertise might shed some light, but if the problem is at the server end it will require the attention of @af123.

I'm aware of that, but it's rare for somebody to find ICODE before they find CODE. That was an invitation to edit your post. I was also updating my post when you replied, you might want to refresh the page and review.

Newbies' Guide to the Forum

Regarding usSvcid, that should definitely exist in the db tables. In the absence of less destructive ideas, you might want to tear down your CF and reinstall.

I'm not sure when it stopped working but it must have happened fairly recently.
Your CF is out of date - 3.00 as opposed to 3.13
I would install the latest firmware, and then run the fix-flash-packages diagnostic, as you say it's a recent problem.
if the problem is at the server end
It isn't, although it's not entirely clear what the problem is (apart from the code failing to check the error condition properly, resulting in a null object access).

Just a point of procedure: use [CODE]...[/CODE] not [ICODE]...[/ICODE] tags for displaying dumps in posts.
With the current forum version (or a plugin in the previous), Markdown is supported so you can use ```...``` and `...` respectively instead of the less easily typed BBCode tags.

Update: Found instructions from a post here from July last year suggesting a bug in the rs package that could be fixed by editing /mod/sbin/rs_process at lines 180, 191 and 202 to change 'usSvcid' to 'usSvcId'. This seems to have worked, or at least rs_process now works correctly from the CLI.

I'm now slightly puzzled as to how it broke - my box is running version 1.5.1-2 of the rs package - has this been newly-updated with this issue introduced?

Thanks for the help, I'll have a go at updating my box when I have time, although it seems to be working fine now with the 'usSvcid' to 'usSvcId' change (though I wouldn't be surprised if the next update breaks it again)

Update: Found instructions from a post here from July last year suggesting a bug in the rs package that could be fixed by editing /mod/sbin/rs_process at lines 180, 191 and 202 to change 'usSvcid' to 'usSvcId'. This seems to have worked, or at least rs_process now works correctly from the CLI.
That was me, but I'd completely forgotten about it!
I'm now slightly puzzled as to how it broke - my box is running version 1.5.1-2 of the rs package - has this been newly-updated with this issue introduced?
The package was released on 1st Mar 2019 in a broken state. No update has been forthcoming, obviously. It'll carry on working now until you reinstall the package.

My eyes must be getting bad, I completely missed the distinction between the lower and upper case i.

For reference:
Found instructions from a post here...
Try editing /mod/sbin/rs_process at lines 180, 191 and 202 to change this:
set newservice [get_channel_attr_byorglcn $lcn usSvcid]​
to this:
set newservice [get_channel_attr_byorglcn $lcn usSvcId]​

It might be case-sensitive - usSvcid vs usSvcId

Now I need to investigate why this problem doesn't seem to be affecting me...

Back