[renumber] Channel Re-numbering Extension

With the new BBC HD channels launching I'm thinking of renumbering all BBC HD channels to replace the equivalent SD channels.

I would delete the SD channels with channeldel (I already use this) and then renumber the HD channels.

After a retune when the SD BBC channels are deleted could the HD channels be deleted by accident instead?

The problem with doing that is that BBC One HD, for example, is not regionalised resulting in a BBC caption when your regions news is broadcast rather than the programme.

With the new BBC HD channels launching I'm thinking of renumbering all BBC HD channels to replace the equivalent SD channels.

I would delete the SD channels with channeldel (I already use this) and then renumber the HD channels.

Bear in mind that regional programming on the SD channels (and I suspect occasional some non-regional stuff) does not currently appear on the associated HD channel.
After a retune when the SD BBC channels are deleted could the HD channels be deleted by accident instead?
I think it is doing it by matching the name alone; so if you “delete” “BBC ONE OXF” (or whatever yours is called these days) then it should leave “BBC ONE HD” alone. As longs as the powers that be leave the name alone of course.

Proposed enhancement

I use renumber quite a bit to group channels that are similar together (I know I could use favorites but I prefer them all in one list).

I've lost the renumbering after retunes in the past and thought it was just due to tge number of renumbers I was doing.

However just realised that renumber only saves the last set of renumbers.

So if you do a renumber, save then go in and do a second renumber only the second set is saved. The first set takes effect but is not saved.

So my suggested enhancements

1. Could the renumber screen show the channels in their current (renumbered order) rather than the original default order I.e. sorted by the new number

2. If renumbering is done more than once could all the renumbered channels be saved not just the recent set?

As I say I like the package and use it a lot and tge above would make it easier for me.

What do others think? Is it possible to do?

Back