[renumber] Channel Re-numbering Extension

I have spent the weekend playing with my humax. First I used Renumber to move my HD channels up to 21-24. After this, I logged into rs.hummypkg, and can confirm what other people are seeing that the epg data is still in the original numeric order, and the channel names are as per my renumbered schema. (i.e. Fresh prince of bel air on bbc1hd?!)
I'm just pointing this out as there was not a confirmation that this behaviour is accepted as normal behaviour (or noted as a limitation in the appropriate areas when installing). As I understand it, I would have to have channels present on 50-54 in order to record the hd channels, regardless of what channel I say is there.

I may-be that something that 'Settings' is trying to display is excluding anything that would follow it,
Do you have the old EPG-Keywords package installed?
What is the last item displayed on the 'Settings' screen?

Of course, you are right EP. That was it! You are a star!

Hi, I have just installed the 'channel renumbeing' package but when I go into settings and click to open it, I get the following message along the top of the menu: Content-Type: text/html; no-cache Expires: -1 Pragma: no-cache Cache-Control: no-cache.
I have tried renumbering the channels and saving, then rebooting my hdr fox t2 but I see no changes.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks Geoff

af123 recently made a change to the Web-If which affected all packages, It looks like he missed this one and will no-doubt fix it soon. There is a link to the problem HERE. This will probably require a new version of Renumber, the current version number is 0.0.1

af123 has released an upgraded version of renumber called 0.0.1-1, I guess this has a fix for you problem, so if you don't have auto-upgrade installed, you can upgrade in the Web-If >> Packages >> Upgrade Packages from the Internet and then Web-If >> Packages >>Upgrades

At the last retune I deleted everything, did a manual retune, and then redid all my channels in the Renumber package. But I notice that in the Wiki Renumber should do it automatically: "If you ever rescan the channels on your box then the next time you reboot they will be automatically changed to match your saved preference."

The recording schedule has a proper backup/restore function, but Renumber doesn't have anything obvious like that. I've had a trawl and can't find any further info, so with another channel coming soon, and hence a probable retune, can someone shed light on how I should proceed to obtain the automatic renumbering restoration?
And what happens if the new channel has a number already used in the existing renumbering?

I don't use renumber, but I am assuming that it does what it claims i.e. that it is an automatic process. The Renumber forum entry is HERE

Ah, thanks for the pointer. My search threw up several pages of hits but I didn't twig that there was a specific Renumber thread. Maybe someone could tag this onto the end of that to tidy up. [Edit: this has now been done]

As it's an automatic process does that mean it only works with an automatic tune?
Ideally I'd like to do a manual tune, delete all the channels I don't want, 'rerun' Renumber automatically (by rebooting), reset my multi-mode channels, reinstate the recording schedule and finally renumber any new channels.

Actually, if there is just one new channel (and no existing channels are changing mux) could one just retune the affected mux? Would that confuse Renumber? Probably confuse me anyway :frantic:

As it's an automatic process does that mean it only works with an automatic tune?
No it doesn't refer to an automatic tune, it should work with both automatic and manual tune, it just means it renumbers without user intervention. Yes, a retune of a single Mux. should be O.K.

Ah, thanks for the pointer. My search threw up several pages of hits but I didn't twig that there was a specific Renumber thread. Maybe someone could tag this onto the end of that to tidy up.
I have moved your thread as requested.

I have a strange problem with the renumber package. I have it setup to swap the HD channels with their SD equivalents. After performing a retune for the Film4 changes, I find that BBC1, ITV1 & Channel 4 are swapped but strangely it seems to have failed to swap BBC2.

Edit: Forgot to mention that not only has it failed to swap BBC2 but the swap setting for that channel has disappeared from the settings page (i.e. it is back to the default unswapped state).

What is happening with Film4?, at present I have Film 4 on LCN15 and LCN791, I'm guessing one will become Film4+1 at some stage

What is happening with Film4?, at present I have Film 4 on LCN15 and LCN791, I'm guessing one will become Film4+1 at some stage
Have you retuned recently? Film4 is changing mux, and after retuning, the old version is being moved to 791 temporarily. Film4+1 is due to launch on LCN 45 on 27/8/2013.

Have you retuned recently? Film4 is changing mux, and after retuning, the old version is being moved to 791 temporarily. Film4+1 is due to launch on LCN 45 on 27/8/2013.
Yes, the LCN15 and LCN791 was a result of a re-tune on the 1st. August, I think the present two Film4's are on different Muxes

I have a strange problem with the renumber package. I have it setup to swap the HD channels with their SD equivalents. After performing a retune for the Film4 changes, I find that BBC1, ITV1 & Channel 4 are swapped but strangely it seems to have failed to swap BBC2.

Edit: Forgot to mention that not only has it failed to swap BBC2 but the swap setting for that channel has disappeared from the settings page (i.e. it is back to the default unswapped state).
That's odd.. I'll have a look at the code and see what the diagnostic options are. Have you tried running the startup binary from the command line? (/mod/boot/xinit.d/...something...) The changes it will make to the channel table won't persist if this is done while the box is running normally but there may be some output that will be useful.

One of the things it does is use the 'original LCN' field in the channel table (normally used for duplicate channels in the 800 range) to track where renumbered channels came from. There may be a fault in the logic it uses so have a look at the channel database and see if that field is populated.

Hope that helps.

I had re-entered the settings earlier today. I noticed that I had to enter all the changed LCN numbers (including those which were active) into the renumber settings page for them all to appear in reorder.db. I am not sure what state the channel database was in but it is correct now.

Back