Retiring my 9200T, few questions on the HDR Fox T2

You can donate to af123's fighting fund on the remote scheduling website if you've got as far as that in your voyage of discovery http://rs.hummypkg.org.uk/ (although you will only see the button if you've signed up for the service - highly recommended BTW!) I'm hoping to have something spare from the Christmas fund to buy a few drinks around here myself.

Fixed the subtitle issue - change the setting in humax menus from 'variable' to 'fixed'

Is there any way to have the Display show the time? The 9200T used to show the time constantly and only the channel name when you change the channel.

HDR seems to only show the time when watching a program thats being recorded, (scrolling left to right the channel & time).

Would prefer the time displayed.

Nothing you can do while its on, but while its off I believe the time is displayed if you turn off power saving mode.

For iPhone 3GS, 4G, iPod Touch 3G, 4G: BUZZ Player (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/buzz-player/id389744738?mt=8)
For iPhone 2G, 3G, iPod Touch 1G, 2G: BUZZ Player Classic (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/buzz-player-classic/id391257431?mt=8)

getting Green screen when streaming avis and hummy recordings on 2nd gen itouch using buzz player classic. Anyone used it before? You can see the image but everything is overlayed green.. audio works.

Sees the Humax and also see's Mediatomb, same for both

(android stuff working well with skifta)

Oh and also, on both devices, Media tomb always seems out of date - does not reflect changes Ive made on the box or recent recordings, does it need a force update or something?

Seems my honeymoon is over. Box came up with a message 'the receiver is going into scheduled power down mode' at 6.30 today. Of course this wasnt scheduled as cbeebies was on. It shut itself down. When it came up i went into the menu to check that there wasnt any power down timer set and it frooze. Had to power off at the front, not responding to remote. Tried this 3 or 4 times and kept freezing at various stages.

Ended up deleting all the recordings id made via the webportal and reboots. (I noticed they all had yellow triangles on the upper left corner, which i think wasnt tehre before?

Its not really stable but actually stays booted long enough to dig in the menus but has also randomly turned off 3 times. Remote is unresponsive .. vll do 1 or 2 actions then freeze for 10-20 seconds

Have to head out now so wont get to dig around. Anyone any advice, is there a system reset option?

I still have my media folder on there (50gb) and those files are playing back ok.

Not good. There is a "restore factory defaults" option, if you want to try it, but that won't restore the firmware (update with the official 1.02.20 to remove the customisations, particularly if you intend to send it back, and you should remove the /mod directory from the hard drive).

Seems my honeymoon is over. Box came up with a message 'the receiver is going into scheduled power down mode' at 6.30 today. Of course this wasnt scheduled as cbeebies was on. It shut itself down.

This could be normal. The box has an automatic power down after three hours without remote input (unless you have turned it off). Could that be it?

Ended up deleting all the recordings id made via the webportal and reboots. (I noticed they all had yellow triangles on the upper left corner, which i think wasnt tehre before?

The little yellow triangles just mean that it is an unwatched recording.

The rest of the problems you're experiencing aren't normal at all though : (

Had to go out tonight but before i did i turned off both the power management options on the box and all the mods in webportal. wife said it was fine and no phantom reboots. had 5 mins to play there before bed any it felt normal. no lag / freezing in menus and frozen planet played ok. will try and play more tomorrow nite. Kinda concerned tho

So got some time to have a look at the box. everything seems A OK after the stagger it took yesterday apart from the TV Portal. It wont load! Press the button and get the error below. The humax thinks its in the portal as the 'TV Portal' text stays on the box LCD screen and other buttons dont work (guide etc) until i press Exit and the 'TV portal' text dissapears. Whatever was on TV channel just plays away.

20111124192816.jpg

I tried just re-running af123's custom firmware, no joy. Ive attached shot of the humax as well.
20111124193145.jpg

Any ideas? install the .20 update official?

The web server isn't running (that's mongoose) - you said that you stopped some services, was that one of them?
That will prevent the portal from working too if you have installed the custom-portal package.

yeah i didnt know what mongoose is so i stopped the left hand column. (Was just turning everything off at that stage )

the right hand colum i couldnt seem to switch off. Sorry cant recall what they were titled.

I got another copy of .20 (from http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freeview-hd-t2 ) and it gets to 85% before crashing with same error.

Can i turn mongoose back on from the box itself?

of course i couldnt wait on your reply and done a system reset (without format of hdd which is nice) so re-tuning now. moved aerial so oping to get the missing mux with film 4.

I havent tried a telnet connection yet, am on mac so hopefully straightforward?

Not sure how the file is corrupted when coming from humax directly, unless osx build in unzip tool affects it.

** side question - does anyones box make a loud drone noise when powering down? like a swoosh noise but not pleasant. (from the tv, not the box)

So seems back to normal now but watching closely. seems to be a bit if lag when flying down the list of channels and editing channels was atking ages. maybe epg populating as i had just rescanned. out this weekend for a stag do so will try n put it thru some tests tomorrow. Might email seller. whats the distance selling act rights then ? :)

Back