Retunes

I see from the HDR-FOX T2 thread that a retune has been 'advised'.
Anyone know what channel changes have been made? (With a view to deciding whether to do a retune of the boxes and TV.)

BBC Red Button 2 and 3 for Glastonbury and Wimbledon are the most significant things.

One of my HD-FOXes (which doesn't currently have CF installed) has retuned itself without me noticing until now - LCN 1 is now BBC1 Wales! It is generally left turned on permanently, with the attached TV turned on and off as required.

I can easily restore the tuning by exporting the database from another HD/HDR-FOX and importing it here (hidden service menu). In fact, I have sample databases stored from when I was playing with them.

http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/no-channels-found.6382/

I think "observed" would be a better description than "advised".

'Yes' in that a number of people were reporting their boxes had retuned, but I think 'no' in the context of my question. The retunes could have been due to a glitch and unnecessary, but one post said:
There was a re-tune needed being advertised for today.
which I took as being evidence that some 'tuneworthy' changes had indeed occurred.
(So I should really have said 'advertised' but probably misremembered what I had read earlier :oops: )

Anyway, if the big changes are red button I'll not bother trying to break things that are working just fine for how we need.

Oh, is this why my Hummy reported as being 'last seen' at 04:21 on Wednesday, and nothing since :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Of course it would happen while I was away on holiday for a week :mad::mad::mad::mad:

yes, I had the standard reminder set for 4:20-4:40.
The retune event was stored in your HDR-FOX in advance. The earliest this particular retune event could be activated was on the afternoon of the 23rd.

I'm guessing that you do not have the custom software disable-dso installed?
What probably happened was that when the reminder turned on the Humax the Humax presumed that you were there watching and displayed the invitation to stop the retune. It then went ahead and retuned and removed your entire schedule.

But that wouldn't necessarily stop the box communicating with the RS.

BTW, disable-dso can't work unless the box has regular reboots.

BTW, disable-dso can't work unless the box has regular reboots.
I know that it works on boot-up but I'm not sure why you mention it. If the HDR-FOX doesn't get booted up then it doesn't matter that the event has not been deleted yet.

But that wouldn't necessarily stop the box communicating with the RS.
But it could play apart.
If the disable-OTA package was installed could that stop the next night's update attempt with no chance of recovery of any event to bring the HDR-FOX out of stand-by until switched on manually?
Would it make any difference if the disable-OTA had the reminder option set or had it not set?

I know that it works on boot-up but I'm not sure why you mention it. If the HDR-FOX doesn't get booted up then it doesn't matter that the event has not been deleted yet.
If the box remains on, there will be no boot cycle during which the retune reservation can be removed - but the reservation will still be acted on. Regular reboots are required so that disable-dso has an opportunity to work between the reservation being established and its trigger time coming around.

But it could play a part.
Not in itself.

If the disable-OTA package was installed could that stop the next night's update attempt with no chance of recovery of any event to bring the HDR-FOX out of stand-by until switched on manually?
Que?

Would it make any difference if the disable-OTA had the reminder option set or had it not set?
The reminder reservation always works; the action of disable-ota to remove the OTA search reservation is subject to the same conditions as disable-dso. These matters are well understood and written up.

If the box remains on, there will be no boot cycle during which the retune reservation can be removed - but the reservation will still be acted on. Regular reboots are required so that disable-dso has an opportunity to work between the reservation being established and its trigger time coming around.
The event is treated differently to the other scheduled events. The HDR-FOX does not come out of stand-by at the events scheduled time. The dso event wont be acted on in stand-by. The schedule time for it is only the earliest that the HDR-FOX will take action. The HDR-FOX waits until the next switch on to display its auto-tune message. It does not matter if the event is there during standby as the HDR-FOX will not act on it in standby.

Is it certain that a retune event will not be acted on if removed during that boot cycle? I was not aware of that, and will have to update the relevant references if confirmed. I'm surprised it has not been mentioned before.

Back