Return address for Humax Direct ltd.

Barry

Hi, I am have trouble finding a return address for Humax Direct ltd.

On the parcel received:

Future Pro logistics Ltd

Unit 40 Easter Park, Benyon Road, Sil Chester,Reading,RG7 2PQ

or on the Humax web site:

HUMAX DIRECT LTD

PO BOX 626

TW8 9HH

what address has any one used?
Many thanks, Barryiow

I presume there might be some sort of RMA procedure as well, and would advise you to check before just launching the box out into the ether.
A lot of companies don't take kindly to unsolicted stuff just turning up (with good reason) and you expecting them to know what to do with it.

Yes. It needs to be processed through a formal returns procedure. If you find you cannot get any joy that way, send it recorded delivery to the head office, with a letter of explanation attached (in an envelope) to the OUTSIDE of the packaging, and a separate copy of the same letter (also by recorded delivery) in letter post.

In the letter, don't only explain what the problem is but also what you expect them to do about it - but be reasonable and within your rights.

"Please find enclosed FVP-4000T serial number xxxx. This item was purchased direct from you on invoice xxxx dated xxxx. I have been unable to obtain satisfaction through your formal support channels.

"I am returning the item to you, with proof of delivery, because it does not function in the manner described or for the purpose to which it was purchased. As such, it is not fit for purpose, and I am claiming a refund in accordance with your legal obligations under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

"Kindly forward a refund of £xxxx to me at the above address within 14 days of the date of this letter."

Something like that.

Many thanks to for your help, I phoned them up and arranged for them to pick up the faulty box and they left me a new one in exchange.

Hi all, I found this site whilst searching google for a returns address for Humax and very pleased I did as your experiences helped me solve my problem.

Rule 1, never by anything from Humax direct, they are terrible to deal with & there terms & conditions actually break the law. If you want to buy Humax, do so from a reliable retailer e.g. Argos, Amazon etc. that have a sensible returns policy.

MarinLiddle said “Why not ring them up and ask them?”. Well I tried that and no one would give me an address. They want to keep Jo Public in the dark so that they can’t return goods.

The worst thing is that they refuse any return unless it is within 7 days of the date of order. If you try to get their return address (which isn’t published anywhere) they just keep quoting their terms & conditions -7 days. This contravenes the ‘Consumer Contracts Regulations 3013’. They refuted the right to return anything bought on line or by telephone which gives a 14 day cooling off period. The legal people at Which said they didn’t know what they were talking about.

Following legal advice from ‘Which’ I threatened them with ‘Breach of Contract’ & referring it to my Credit Card company. They then agreed to a refund. Note, still no returns address as they collected it.

New member now Ex member.
I shared my experience so that it might help others.
In return I got a sarcastic comment from ‘Black Hole’ whose pseudonym is appropriate.
His advice was wrong because if you send goods back to head office they will simply return them to you.
I have no time for forum’s whose members make silly sarcastic comments.
Goodbye.

In return I got a sarcastic comment from ‘Black Hole’ whose pseudonym is appropriate.
His advice was wrong because if you send goods back to head office they will simply return them to you.
Goodbye.

Never in the history of this site has the title "Well-Known Member" been more appropriate than in the case of Black Hole but rather than
letting him drive you away from this useful site you should do as many here do and treat him as a figure of ridicule, rattleing his cage from time to time can be very amusing.

Goodbye.
Somebody doesn't have much Christmas spirit, and various members of this forum will know (and some seem to need reminding) that I have also shared a very considerable amount of experience via this forum over many years, and sometimes been derided for it. One needs to know when to take a joke, and when it isn't a joke to develop a thick skin. If one has a fragile temperament, Internet forums are not a suitable place to be. What do you want - applause?

Whether you think my advice is right or wrong, it is nonetheless a fact that Humax Direct cannot escape their legal responsibilities. Returning a faulty item to a head office address when there is no alternative offered, with a covering letter explaining the circumstances, by recorded delivery and keeping copies of all correspondence, will present a very strong case if/when it ultimately goes to court (through the small claims system). If the item in question was bounced back to me, under the above circumstances, that's where I would go next (although a letter first saying that's what I would do would probably bear fruit).

The consumer only has to show they have acted reasonably under the circumstances, and the case will be cut and dried.

Whether you think my advice is right or wrong, it is nonetheless a fact that Humax Direct cannot escape their legal responsibilities.
And if you buy by credit card and the cost is between £100 and £30000 your credit card company is jointly liable.
Following legal advice from ‘Which’ I threatened them with ‘Breach of Contract’ & referring it to my Credit Card company. They then agreed to a refund. Note, still no returns address as they collected it.
You could have claimed a refund directly from the credit card company.
Which? said:
Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, your credit card company is jointly liable if something goes wrong with a product or a service you've paid for by credit card....Section 75 is particularly useful if the retailer or trader has gone bust, or you're getting no response to your letters or phone calls
Failure to provide a return address might class as "no [suitable] response".

... rather than letting him [Black Hole] drive you away from this useful site you should do as many here do and treat him as a figure of ridicule, rattleing his cage from time to time can be very amusing.
Sometimes BH does make sensible or useful comments:D

C'mon EEPhil, BH's sensible comments are a lot more frequent than 'sometimes'.:) In fact 'mostly' would be a much better word to use.

C'mon EEPhil, BH's sensible comments are a lot more frequent than 'sometimes'.:) In fact 'mostly' would be a much better word to use.
And I was trying not to be too controversial! Didn't want to seem to be too grovelling...
(Edit: Damn these American spell checkers...)

Last edited:
But the OP knew this. It seems that it was Humax Direct that either didn't or chose to ignore it.
The link also does not say explicitly that the vendor has to provide a return address, which seemed to be the OP's main gripe.

Back