RF modulator?

Trev

The Dumb One
I want an el cheapo RF mod so that I can shove the O/P of my T2 to another TV. Basically so that I can watch something that I have recorded while HWMBO has commandeered the 'big TV' to watch Corro or East Enders. Remote control of the T2 is not a problem as I can use the CF to do that.
I have the aerial feeding down to a dist amp I/P, which then feeds the T2 and TV in the lounge and another two O/Ps to the breakfast room and bedroom.
Two statements for confirmation pse.
1. I will connect the aerial to the mod I/P and the mod O/P to the dist amp I/P?
2. The SCART O/P from the T2 gives an SD O/P to drive the mod from an HD recording?

I am aware of SD only, tune set to analogue, blah, blah, blah.
Any suggestions for modulator? (Don't want HD. Too expensive)

What about THIS one. It just qualifies for Amazon free postage. And they seem more expensive on eBay.

Last edited:
Just for info, driving a rf modulator from the scart output will allow you to watch both sd and hd (recordings and live) BUT in 625 line mode (it just gets downsized).
I used to use cheap rf modulators from maplins, but they were bought a few years ago.

EDIT: they still sell them (http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/programmable-universal-modulator-vh89w), though they are more expensive now. Probably cheaper on eBay.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I assume that your second TV supports the old analogue (UHF) of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have an old VCR running on modulator duty, you might already have one somewhere Trev.

I will connect the aerial to the mod I/P and the mod O/P to the dist amp I/P?
Yes, but you need to make sure the modulator channel does not conflict with any of the incoming channels.

The SCART O/P from the T2 gives an SD O/P to drive the mod from an HD recording?
Yes, you get down-sampled 625-line video.

What about THIS one. It just qualifies for Amazon free postage. And they seem more expensive on eBay.
I have one (or more) of the Maplin units knocking around with no particular purpose at the moment - want it?

I have one (or more) of the Maplin units knocking around with no particular purpose at the moment - want it?
Love it.:) How much?
Yes, but you need to make sure the modulator channel does not conflict with any of the incoming channels.
That was included in the blah, blah, blah. But thanks for that and the other confirmatory info anyway:)
I assume that your second TV supports the old analogue (UHF) of course
Yep. Thanks!

I'm sure he'd make a better job than a certain person. Come to think of it, pretty much anyone would.

I'm sure he'd make a better job than a certain person. Come to think of it, pretty much anyone would.
Even a wizard? ;) Depends whether the certain person you are thinking of is TM or JC (or even TF :roflmao: )?
Yeah, I could probably do that in the couple of hours a day I'm supposed to be sleeping.
Surely you can do five highly paid jobs at once and be an MP. :D Never forget, it is alleged that MT survived on four hours sleep.

I'm sure he'd make a better job than a certain person.
Policies:
  • A tax on all mobile data, and fixed-line data over 10GB/month cap or greater than 5Mbps, funding restoration and uplift of pension rights for those with 30 qualifying years, subsidies to cinemas and theatres, and a universal 5Mbps Internet service (you want to watch movies on the move and contend for bandwidth - you can bloody well pay for it and compensate the industries you are crippling);
  • A defeat mechanism for all electronics devices more sophisticated than an old-school Nokia in auditoriums, and even then "emergency calls only";
  • No commercial vehicles (including unmarked vans), and a limit of one private car per building (not household), to be parked on the public highway in residential areas between 10pm and 6am;
  • Ban on 20mph zones, to be replaced by time-specific special area 20mph zones indicated by flashing lights (school entry and exit times, etc);
  • General removal of speed cameras, to be replaced by 20mph zone speed cameras, universal red light cameras, bus lane cameras, and a huge increase in penalties for road accidents where speeding is a contributing factor;
  • Rebalancing of case law precedents so that there is a prior assumption that individuals are responsible for their own safety as far as they are capable (not including self-inflicted incapacity);
  • Removal of the case law precedent that allows car insurance companies to settle a claim by cash compensation limited to the market value of the vehicle in question (as things stand, if you have adapted a vehicle according to your needs or wants, possibly at considerable cost and effort, but nonetheless the vehicle would only be valued as - or less than - an unmodified vehicle of the same age/condition, that's all you get if somebody writes it off);
  • Reinstatement of the car tax disc, and addition of an insurance disc;
  • Zero-tolerance enforcement against all law and public order transgressions in public places - littering, vehicle defects, incorrect display of vehicle licence plates... it would only take a few months of this before everybody got fed up with being stopped and settled into compliance;
  • Ballrooms to have equal access to public funding as swimming pools (dancing keeps more old people fit than swimming);
  • Deprecation of the concept of marriage in law - replaced by the legal status of partnership available for any two consenting adults in an exclusive relationship, regardless of orientation or family relationship, to share legal and tax rights, with appropriate legal process (equivalent to divorce) for dissolution of the partnership. (Marriage will become an optional extra, with no legal recognition, mediated by faith or non-faith organisations according to their specific beliefs and without enforcement to act against their beliefs.)
  • All non-UK designed consumer electronics products retailed in the UK to have complete design files lodged on public record as part of compliance, retroactive.
That will do for a start, I can probably think of some more...

Last edited:
It's a fallacy that Mussolini did that. He didn't, so I'm not certain how you expect TM to do it.:frantic:

Back