RF output from HDR FoxT2

Wallace

Traveler 34122
Hello all.

I am a new Humax owner but also using a Topfield 5810.

Overall I am very impressed with the Humax. Build quality seems very good. I inevitably find myself comparing it with my trusty Toppy, which is still in use. I got the Humax to receive HD broadcasts mainly. In fact, both the Toppy and Humax are side-by-side feeding my TV via individual HDMI leads.

One thing I was hoping for with the Humax that the Toppy cannot do, is to provide a signal from it's
RF output so I can watch recordings on a TV in another room via RF not SCART/HDMI.

I have not been able to do this. I am sure I read somewhere that it is possible, but I am not sure when I think back whether the document was referring to my HDR FOXT2 or another Humax box.

I know its possible with video senders etc. but I don't really want to go down that route.

Thanks for reading, when I get more familiar with the box I hope to be able to offer advice to others rather than asking for it, but I have only had the box 3 days! lol.

edit: Subject line should read RF output not RDF. Doh!

The older Humax 9200Tand Topfield 5800 models let you do this. Their newer models do not for reasons that must make some kind of sense to the Korean mind. What you can do is use any old VCR to take the SCART output from your boxes and convert it to UHF to feed your remote TV over RF co-ax cable.

Thanks, Graham. I have read some reviews and decided to buy one. I didn't even know something like this existed! I might even get another to connect to my Toppy as well (5810 doesn't have an RF out either).

I found an identical model for a couple of pounds cheaper so I went with that.

Many thanks, lets hope it lives up to my expectations!

Thanks, Graham. I have read some reviews and decided to buy one. I didn't even know something like this existed! I might even get another to connect to my Toppy as well (5810 doesn't have an RF out either).

I use two, one for my Freesat-hdr and the second to the zone 2 output of my AV amp (which adds the dvd player, and two freeview pvrs to the mix) to send all these to a kitchen TV. The better half can therefore view any of my AV kit by selecting channel 1 for the hdr and channel 2 for the Toppy 5800, Humax 9200 or Denon DVD player and choosing which to send to zone 2. Because of the flexiblity not bothered to add the terrestrial broadcast channels to the mix. I don't use the built in modulators of the two freeview pvrs simply because the AV amp switching is more flexible and only requires a single uhf channel.

You will have of course to find a suitable free uhf channel for each of the mudulators especially if you connect the domestic aerial as well.

I too use one of these and have had no problems with it so far. It works very well.

If you are interested. I also use these to send the IR signal back down the RF cable. They too work well but you need to make sure your connections are good:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marmitek-Vi...KJW6/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1300205103&sr=8-8

I can now view stuff from the HDR T2 HDD, the portal and media stored on my NAS from several rooms in the house.

It's cool.

The RF "extender" arrived today and works like a charm. Thanks all for your suggestion.
Previously I have tried Video Senders, the problem I had with those is that they require hardware at BOTH ends. I have a portable TV that I set up for occasional use and its was a right faff setting up the TV and then pluging in the Video Sender plus is power supply.

Using the RF method, the equipment is set up permanently behind my primary TV, and now I just set up my portable with the minimum of fuss and only one mains socket required.

Back