RIP Analogue

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
All the fuss about the ceasing of Ceefax yesterday means the last area (NI) has had analogue switch-off.

What like this:

Babel-fish.jpg

Isn't it curious that the thing that gets highlighted with the end of analogue is the demise of Ceefax? I can just about recall looking at it in the mid 70s and thinking "clever but pointless". I never went back to it. I guess not being interested in sports results and ( at that time ) not being a big holiday taker it really held nothing for me but someone must have loved it.

But analogue - can't beat the glow of warm valves reflected off spinning vinyl, the crackle of a log fire, a glass of port. But of course I'm very old and very, very drunk.

But analogue - can't beat the glow of warm valves reflected off spinning vinyl, the crackle of a log fire, a glass of port. But of course I'm very old and very, very drunk.
Drunk on one glass of Port? Either you tolerance is very low, the Port is reacting with other drugs you are on, or it's one very large glass of Port.

Drunk on one glass of Port? Either you tolerance is very low, the Port is reacting with other drugs you are on, or it's one very large glass of Port.
Ah, dear boy. You'll find the capacity reduces with age. I find a pre dinner sherry or two, a bottle of Chablis with the oysters, a Chambertin with the grouse, perhaps an Yquem with the pudding and all I can manage is a glass of port with the cheese if I'm to have a brandy or two with coffee. And I do like my port in a proper glass with a handle.

Modest I know but I have to be ready to rush back when the division bell goes.

Back