[rs] Advanced automatic schedule rules (public beta test)

af123

Administrator
Staff member
I've been working on making the automatic scheduling rules more flexible for a while now and the resulting system is now ready for wider testing. If anyone would like to give it a try, run the rs/newauto diagnostic on your Humax. Once done, refresh the RS home page and clicking on Auto should take you to a new tabbed page.

Screenshot%202016-05-12%2020.24.13.png

The old-style standard rules are still available with a couple of new options: they can be individually disabled and there is a Convert to advanced option on the OPT+ menu. If you convert a rule it will disappear from the Standard Rules tab and appear on the Advanced Rules one. Most of the criteria are converted across automatically but I haven't yet implemented the less used ones.
This is still in test so there are some debug messages printed in various places and there are a couple of buttons at the bottom of the advanced rules page which won't be there in the final version.

If you have both Standard and Advanced rules, advanced ones are run first. That doesn't usually matter, it just means that an event flagged by an Advanced rule will be skipped by any Standard rule that also matches it. Similarly, Advanced rule order is honoured when processing.

Feedback and suggestions very welcome, thank you!

Last edited:
The numeric input boxes should probably have sensible input limits:
LCN: 1-9999
Hour: 0-23
Duration: 1-1440

Obviously you won't get any matches with 'stupid' values, but it's good practice to sanitise the input.

Is there any way to turn off the (seemingly continuous stream of) Yes/No question boxes?

Is it possible to have a list or range of Logical Channel numbers in the same way as you have a list or range search in the Synopsis field?
e.g. :-
Synopsis matches+(2013 2014 2015 2016) is allowable
but what about :-
Logical Channel Number+(1 101 9 106) for channels BBC1 or BBC1HD or BBC FOUR or BBC FOUR HD

very nice, thanks.

Would be nice to have a way to convert all (possible) standard entries to advanced, rather than having to do them one at a time.

very nice, thanks.

Would be nice to have a way to convert all (possible) standard entries to advanced, rather than having to do them one at a time.

Of course, it may not be sensible to convert en masse, if there's no actual advantage to converting? Other than having everything on the same page...

Of course, it may not be sensible to convert en masse, if there's no actual advantage to converting? Other than having everything on the same page...
Everyone will use it differently but I think it's easier to manage straightforward rules in the single table and just have more complicated ones on the advanced page. I can add a button that converts the checked items though.

At the moment, standard rules use the old event search method but I will probably change that so they use the new one once I'm happy with it.

Is it possible to have a list or range of Logical Channel numbers in the same way as you have a list or range search in the Synopsis field?
You can do that by adding an or condition and then putting the logical channels within that. You /can/ do that through the GUI interface but the easiest way is to use the rule text edit button (edit icon at top right of rule) and add or {lcn 1 lcn 101 lcn 9 lcn 106} in there.

upload_2016-5-13_9-21-5.png

upload_2016-5-13_9-21-52.png

You could also use

Code:
or {channelmatch {BBC ONE*} channelmatch {BBC FOUR*}} or {title eurovision synopsis eurovision } action scheduleseries

for this example.

Thanks for that - Just the job.
BTW
Is it worth something like this to remind users that there are advanced rules set :-
standard-advanced.jpg

Although I can recreate the rule in #10 by editing the rule text, I can't see how to achieve the same thing using the options in the GUI, using '+' , 'If any of . . .' and 'If all of . . .' options, am I jumping the gun i.e. it isn't possible yet, or am I missing something?

Although I can recreate the rule in #10 by editing the rule text, I can't see how to achieve the same thing using the options in the GUI, using '+' , 'If any of . . .' and 'If all of . . .' options, am I jumping the gun i.e. it isn't possible yet, or am I missing something?
You're missing something. I just did it. You need to create two "If any of" at the top level, then add the other conditions on the next level down.
The numeric input boxes should probably have sensible input limits:
LCN: 1-9999
This seems to have been limited to 999 instead. It is perfectly possible (and legal) to have 4 digit LCNs. The Humax software allows it when you are entering numbers on screen...

This seems to have been limited to 999 instead. It is perfectly possible (and legal) to have 4 digit LCNs. The Humax software allows it when you are entering numbers on screen...
Thanks, adjusted. If you're interested, the available criteria, along with types and constraints can be seen at https://rs.hpkg.tv/auto/advanced/schema.js - there are some commented out entries in there that came over from sweeper and don't yet make sense here.

Ah, O.K., I'll have another look, I haven't used the 'sweeper type' GUI a great deal so it's still a bit new
It's a bit clunky. I do have some improvements planned (that will also get backported to sweeper).

I liked the ability to see/edit the config file, like Sweeper, but that seems to have disappeared yesterday?
I took that away once I finished the edit button on each rule. I can add it back if it's useful. (Note that it only allows viewing the file)

Back