RS EPG all over the place and totally out of sync with the on the box EPG

Clocks change next Sunday so we are entering the bi-annual week of display problems
it should not affect items this weekend, right? such as live football still in it.

how come we could do so much stuff on our machines but just can't sync the rs epg with our machines', especially moreso when webif epg is also correct

Does the RS server just need to rebuild the epg database more regularly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So why nor rewrite the code so that it does work?
RS, at least the server side part of it, isn't open source. The client side is mostly written in Jim so available for inspection.
...so that means af123. Maybe with us all having to twiddle our thumbs (as if!), he'll be able to find the time and enthusiasm to fix this and the many other items on the wish list.

this just keeps getting worse. if I delete the recording entries made by rs and set recordings on the box di I get rid of the problem or do I need to uninstall rs as well?

Uninstalling RS isn't going to achieve anything,
For the most up tp date schedule you need to use the one on the the box, as I said earlier
RS has never coped properly with changes to the schedule
RS sends the new schedule entries to the serer when they are first published 8 days in advance, it doesn't look for or send any changes to the schedule that occur in the week before broadcast so the RS epg cannot know that MOTD has now been rescheduled.

It would be significant network traffic to ship the entire EPG to the server frequently enough to catch all schedule changes and a major redesign of the whole RS EPG process to be able to detect when schedule changes have been made and to transmit only the changed portions to the server.

For the most up tp date schedule you need to use the one on the the box, as I said earlier

RS sends the new schedule entries to the serer when they are first published 8 days in advance, it doesn't look for or send any changes to the schedule that occur in the week before broadcast so the RS epg cannot know that MOTD has now been rescheduled.
yeah, but the stuff programmed by the rs seems to override what the box epg says.

and the 8 day rule, surely the motd has been cancelled two weeks ago yet my machine still wants to record it.

yeah, but the stuff programmed by the rs seems to override what the box epg says.
No it doesn't, there is no difference between a schedule entry created from the RS or the webif or using the remote control
Once you have clicked the Record button the epg on the RS is totally irrelevant and never referenced again.
and the 8 day rule, surely the motd has been cancelled two weeks ago yet my machine still wants to record it.
As discussed in the Covid-19 thread the Humax firnware doesn't always recognize changes to the schedule and you need to manually click the 'Refresh events' button to force it to refresh the recording list and there is no automation to help detect this.

As discussed in the Covid-19 thread the Humax firnware doesn't always recognize changes to the schedule and you need to manually click the 'Refresh events' button to force it to refresh the recording list and there is no automation to help detect this.
must have done it several times to no effect.

But not MOTDish enough to be recorded. I have only .hmt files for 14, 16 and 21 March.
It recorded here on an FVP-5000T on the 21st March and MOTD2 on 22nd March; when I went to check on the HDR-FOX T2 I discovered it had locked up a couple of weeks ago and I hadn't noticed.

A slight clarification here.

RS EPG data are crowd-sourced from subscribed devices. Each device checks in whenever it can and asks the server if needs any data. Usually the server will just ask for any new events since the last upload from anyone in the same region.

However, around midnight each day the data indices are reset which will result in all EPG data being re-uploaded by whichever box checks in first (one box per region). This will update events that have moved.

...so that means af123. Maybe with us all having to twiddle our thumbs (as if!), he'll be able to find the time and enthusiasm to fix this and the many other items on the wish list.
That would be nice. Unfortunately I'm now on 12-hour shifts and can't work from home either : (

Back