RS EPG empty

I went down the list in channel editor hiding obsure channels then re-booted and tried another push and "It Worked!!!"
It pushed 94 channels which is a lot more than I need so very happy.
Thankyou for all your help :)

Well done, very pleased you got it working!

You're welcome, your computer skills made it a lot easier for me. Sorry about the inconvenience and thanks for all the diagnostics help.

I'll try to get to the bottom of this as it might be an issue for other users.

Update:

Dusted off my test PVR and made all channels (Freesat and non-Freesat) visible and successfully pushed all 484 channels.

Will need more time to investigate further why it wasn't working on your PVR.

Thanks again for looking into this, you have been a great help even tho I can only push a limited number of channels.

I must have a lazy PVR!

Update:
The hard drive on my Foxsat has just failed, it was clicking now the picture freezes and it wont respond after a boot, or be found on the network.
After all your good work I didnt want you trying to find a fault with the software that may not exist.
It could well be my machine which has been causing this all along.
Thankyou again

Oh dear, sorry to hear that, thanks a lot for the heads up.

You could consider upgrading to a WD10EURX (Western Digital AV-GP 1TB 3.5"). I've had these spinning in 2 of my Foxsat-HDRs for the past 6+ years.

Good luck!

I will have a look for one of thoes,thankyou.
Thought I would have a go with fix-disk but it has frozen before the 45 sec are up, would you know of a quick way to get it in safe mode?

Hi Guys,

I got a foxsat HDR and put on the last custom firmware. I must say its an old clunker of a machine, with a button layout on the remote by some really interesting person !!!

if its set to Freesat you can't get ch4 HD anymore (they pulled from Freesat in some childish bun fight a few years ago), you miss out on Aljazeera HD and I also thought Quest HD was missing.
Freeview also pulled Quest hd and Aljazeera HD (and or diluted the signal so I can't get any more).

So I swapped from Freesat to custom scan or whatever scan method it is and all the channels numbers change starting from 5000. All of those three channels are now back and usable. But the stupid box has three perverse features

1) upon boot it always reverts to the first channel at the start of the list
2) the TV guide never populates ever (even the channel you are on is barely random).
3) a power outage seems to revert the box to Freesat (and looses all recordings you may have set up)

Whereas with just Freesat the tv guide populates straight away and works. Quest HD is there at 167 rather than 5226 or whatever is was, so maybe only Aljazera HD and Ch4 HD that go walkabout. Both kind of essential, making Freesat redundant?

I suggest you install the rs package which will give you the best of both worlds - mix and match Freesat and non-Freesat channels in one channel list. But you need to schedule non-Freesat recordings using the RS Portal, not possible on the box itself. The RS Portal will get EPG for the non-Freesat channels based on their SD counterparts if they're part of Freesat - you set up the mappings on the box through the rs package.

Check out the updated rs documentation in WebIf (http://<hostname_or_ip_address_of_your_foxsat_hdr>/cgi-bin/documentation.jim - click on the |RemoteScheduling Plug-in Guide| tab, then on the |Configuration & Logging| tab, then go to the Freesat section) after you install the package on the box. I haven't had time to fully update the documentation on the RS Portal Wiki.

Back