RS 'Failed to Record'

MontysEvilTwin

Recently I've been getting messages like this when I log in to RS:
RS 1.jpg
I thought that RS ignored items in folders with bracketed names, e.g. [Deleted Items]? The messages are not reporting failed recordings, but do indicate the presence of stray hmt files. It seems that the Undelete package sometimes leaves behind hmt and thm files when it does its scheduled background deletion. Do I need to increase the logging level somewhere to get to the bottom of it?

It seems that the Undelete package sometimes leaves behind hmt and thm files when it does its scheduled background deletion. Do I need to increase the logging level somewhere to get to the bottom of it?
No, it's known why it does it. The files are not deleted as a set, but rather just on their individual timestamps. The .hmt file particularly can be modified subsequently to the .ts and .nts, and so gets deleted later.

RS should send up the name of the dustbin to the RS server though which will stop it alarming on orphaned files within there.
MontysEvilTwin - are you on the latest version of RS? If you post your box ID I'll check if the server knows the name of your dustbin..

No, it's known why it does it. The files are not deleted as a set, but rather just on their individual timestamps. The .hmt file particularly can be modified subsequently to the .ts and .nts, and so gets deleted later.
We've discussed this before, and IIRC AF was going to make it treat the file set as a single entity.

RS should send up the name of the dustbin to the RS server though which will stop it alarming on orphaned files within there.
MontysEvilTwin - are you on the latest version of RS? If you post your box ID I'll check if the server knows the name of your dustbin..
Details as follows:
HX/CFW/RS Versions: 1.03.12 / 3.10 / 1.4.6
Unique Identifier: 2225531703

It doesn't know where your dustbin is...
I wonder... could you try going to the undelete settings and hitting the Update Settings button?
Once that's done, do an RS disk push via the rs/diskpush diagnostic?

If I'm right, it's because you have never saved those settings and are just using the defaults.

It doesn't know where your dustbin is...
I wonder... could you try going to the undelete settings and hitting the Update Settings button?
Once that's done, do an RS disk push via the rs/diskpush diagnostic?

If I'm right, it's because you have never saved those settings and are just using the defaults.
That's done now. Thanks.

Ok, that was the problem. The server now has the right name for the dustbin so shouldn't generate alerts about anything in the bin from now on.

Back