[rs] Improved conflict detection

I am currently recording both Pointless and The Chase but when looking at the conflicts on RS neither appear on the list for today or any day next week, is omitting future episodes of active recordings from conflict detection deliberate?
No, not deliberate.. I'll look at that.

A couple of comments...
When viewed on my tablet, the top (current schedule) table is wrapping. Don't know how to get a screenshot, the best that I can say is that I have schedule entries throughout the day, so that 10 hour columns are OK, but I have 12.

The other comment is probably more about the EPG. I have no conflicts showing in my schedule or in the conflict report, but when I look at the EPG, it looks like I have a conflict between The Voice, The Gadget Show and The Shannara Chronicles this evening. However, the last two have actually already been recorded (Friday and Thursday) and so will not be recorded tonight. Hence, the conflict report is right and the EPG is misleading. On the flip side of that is the fact that the EPG does allow you to see when there are alternatives to scheduled episodes (maybe they could just be coloured differently?). ...or is this just feature creep?

I found that this morning my Current Schedule is empty and the Expanded Schedule is still showing Mr Selfridge scheduled at 21:00 yesterday evening. However The Good Wife which was scheduled at 02:20 this morning has disappeared. They both recorded okay.
Unique id: 0247732347

I found that this morning my Current Schedule is empty and the Expanded Schedule is still showing Mr Selfridge scheduled at 21:00 yesterday evening. However The Good Wife which was scheduled at 02:20 this morning has disappeared. They both recorded okay.
Very similar for me, Current schedule empty and first entry of Expanded schedule is from Yesterday, it does show changes to the schedule I have made today and Last seen time is recent
hpkg.tv Remote Scheduling - Mozilla Firefox 12032016 153128.jpg

Edit: Back to normal now

Last edited:
The other comment is probably more about the EPG. I have no conflicts showing in my schedule or in the conflict report, but when I look at the EPG, it looks like I have a conflict between The Voice, The Gadget Show and The Shannara Chronicles this evening. However, the last two have actually already been recorded (Friday and Thursday) and so will not be recorded tonight. Hence, the conflict report is right and the EPG is misleading. On the flip side of that is the fact that the EPG does allow you to see when there are alternatives to scheduled episodes (maybe they could just be coloured differently?). ...or is this just feature creep?
It may be be feature creep but I like the the idea of colouring those entries differently.

Definitely feature creep but the scheduled-but-will-not-be-recorded-as-they-already-have-been entries are now coloured orange..

All okay now.
I am finding this new feature really useful. How do you intend to incorporate it into RS ?

When viewed on my tablet, the top (current schedule) table is wrapping. Don't know how to get a screenshot, the best that I can say is that I have schedule entries throughout the day, so that 10 hour columns are OK, but I have 12.
Just had a chance to get to a PC and realised that what I am seeing on the tablet is the same as I would get on the PC if the window was too narrow. The problem on the tablet is that you don't seem to be able to scale it and rotating to landscape scales the content, so the wrapping is unchanged.
So, this is a PC screenshot of the effect ("Marvel's A" is at 22:00 on Sunday on the first recording channel).schedule.png

I have noticed an oddity in the past with the EPG, that also seems to occur with the conflict graph... that programmes that start and end times do not always line up vertically.
In the following image Sanctuary, X-Files etc are start on the hour and are an hour long (except Only Connect which is only 30 minutes). As you can see they are mis-aligned.
The second problem is that Only Connect runs from 20:30 to 21:00, so is completely out of place (there are other examples of similarly large mis-alignments throughout my schedule)
The third problem is that the reload event is now very wide, in the previous image it was very narrow. It is a timer event that I use to reload any RS changes that I might have made and spans 13:30 to 13:35 on weekdays.
Changing the width of the window and/or refreshing has no effect... the mis-aligmnent is fixed as shown.Capture3.PNG

What is the significance of the orange entries in the RS EPG?

upload_2016-3-14_18-32-8.png

These are programs I scheduled but they are not in the schedule (RS or Webif).

af123 My box's unique ID is 01558b2352 if looking helps to understand

01558b2352

What is the significance of the orange entries in the RS EPG?

These are programs I scheduled but they are not in the schedule (RS or Webif).

af123 My box's unique ID is 01558b2352 if looking helps to understand

01558b2352

See http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/rs-improved-conflict-detection.6944/page-3#post-94525 and http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/rs-improved-conflict-detection.6944/page-3#post-94472 it is new enhancement to highlight alternate occurences of a program

That would explain it.

How would this be used in practice?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Apologies for slow response to af123's instructions in post #40, been away all weekend and only just got back onto forum. Ran rs/push diagnostic, what should this do? Web-if still shows duplicates.

Alvin and the Chipmunks and Power Rangers dominate my schedule!
5 entries in the 'already recorded' list is insufficient to stop many, many duplicates.

upload_2016-3-18_12-6-55.png

Back