[rs] Improved conflict detection

I think I have a hypothesis as to why I am continuing to see conflicts even after the Skip episode has added the crid to the recorded list.

Some programs do not have a unique crid for each episode (e.g the local BBC news bulletin South today) and so the CRID field is not shown in the info windows and there is nothing in szEventToRecord apart from multiple separators ||||.
This will probably make it impossible for skip epsisode to be used on such programs and the Skip episode button should probably be disabled for them.

Because the szEventToRecord has no value I assume the recording scheduling on the Humax and conflict detection in the webif assumes that all occurrences of the series-crid are to be recorded and treats them as scheduled events.

Since I have tried to skip the only currently schedules episode of You've been framed and Countryfile (which do have unique crid values) this has resulted in szEventToRecord becoming empty and therefore, I assume, the skipped episode is still considered to be scheduled regardless of the contents of the recorded episode list.

Possibly when the following weeks schedule becomes available on the EPG the problem will resolve itself when the next episode are added to the schedule.

I am not sure what the solution might be but instead of removing the last entry from szEventToRecord perhaps it should be replaced by a dummy crid or expired crid though I don't know if that would have other untoward side effects.

The key is in adding the upcoming episode to the list of events already recorded. I'll have to do some testing on some similar recordings here.

The key is in adding the upcoming episode to the list of events already recorded. I'll have to do some testing on some similar recordings here.
Related to this in the conflict checker email it reported the conflicts but didn't include the two programs (YBF! and Countryfile) that I had marked for skipping and which if processed would have resolved the conflict
Code:
Conflicts have been detected in your recording schedule on the HDR-Fox T2 (Humax - dc:d3:21:57:a5:f3)
The following events conflict:

1 BBC ONE South   Sat 30/04/16 18:15 - 19:05: Pointless Celebrities
      5/7. Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman present a special celebrity
4 Channel 4       Sat 30/04/16 17:30 - 19:00: F1: Russian GP Qualifying...
      ...Highlights: As Hamilton looks to get back on terms, can Rosberg ham
4 Channel 4       Sun 01/05/16 18:00 - 20:00: F1: Russian GP Highlights
      Only Lewis Hamilton has won at the Sochi Autodrom, but he's got his wo
3 ITV             Sun 01/05/16 18:55 - 20:00: New: The Chase Celebrity Special
      Quiz show hosted by Bradley Walsh. Do Mikey North, Una Healy, Carl Fro
The email would look better with a blank line between the two conflict groups and not so truncated synopsis

I think I have a hypothesis as to why I am continuing to see conflicts even after the Skip episode has added the crid to the recorded list.
Possibly when the following weeks schedule becomes available on the EPG the problem will resolve itself when the next episode are added to the schedule.
As predicted :)
Now that next Saturdays EPG data is available szEventToRecord contains next week entry and today's episode is correctly show as not to be recorded in the RS EPG (orange), no conflict in the Visual display and not in the SUI schedule for today

Why is it that some programmes Disappear from the visual as soon as they have recorded while others do not.
Today, Scorpion and The Shannara Chronicles remain while The Wine Show, F1 Qualifying, Britain's Got Talent, Britain's Got More Talent and Michael McIntyre's Big Show have gone.
Given a choice I would prefer all to remain until the end of the day, but maybe there is some reason for the behaviour that I am missing.

Why is it that some programmes Disappear from the visual as soon as they have recorded while others do not.
It's because the Humax software has updated the entry in the schedule database so that it starts next week (or whenever the next episode is) and no longer has today's episode in the list of events to record either. Scorpion is probably an exception because it was the last episode in the series-link (although not the last episode in the series, the broadcaster has just changed the CRID for some reason; you may want to schedule the new one).

It's because the Humax software has updated the entry in the schedule database <...>
It doesn't explain why Shannara hadn't moved, even though the later Britain's Got More Talent had.
Looking at the page today, Shannara is scheduled on Tuesday evening, but looking back at last night's Visual, that episode wasn't there. Maybe there has been an overnight change in the schedule or is there something else going on?
Scorpion is probably an exception because it was the last episode in the series-link (although not the last episode in the series, the broadcaster has just changed the CRID for some reason; you may want to schedule the new one).
Magic, I will re-schedule it.

To continue a discussion started in a webif-beta discussion thread:
cdmackay said:
New option to refresh a schedule entry - causes the Humax software to revalidate it against the EPG;
would you please explain why/when this might be needed, please? I don't quite get it...

af123 said:
Sometimes the Humax schedule gets a bit mixed up - usually due to broadcasters making changes to the EPG data. A good recent example is here

https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/rs-improved-conflict-detection.6944/page-5#post-95009

The same false conflict was shown on the TV screen too

https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/rs-improved-conflict-detection.6944/page-6#post-95037

The Humax did try and record all three events. If this option had existed, I could have refreshed the schedule entry in advance and the spurious extra episode would have been removed from the schedule on the next boot.

How, as an end user, would I go about spotting that there is a discrepancy between the schedule and the EPG and that I needed to use the Refresh option before it actually causes problems with recording failures?

Is a consistency check between the EPG and schedule something that could reasonably be added to the webif or RS so that the user was automatically notified of problems and/or schedule refresh events automatically generated when needed.

Nothing is going to handle all last minute changes to the epg such as when an Andy Murray tennis match goes into set 5, or Wimbledon is rained out but it would help for some of the instances that have been reported here.

How, as an end user, would I go about spotting that there is a discrepancy between the schedule and the EPG and that I needed to use the Refresh option before it actually causes problems with recording failures?
I don't think that a discrepancy would ever cause any real recording failures. They do seem quite common though and with the new visual views they are more likely to be spotted. The refresh function provides a way of clearing them when they're spotted or if they are causing conflict alarms (Web interfaces or via RS email).

I don't think that a discrepancy would ever cause any real recording failures. They do seem quite common though and with the new visual views they are more likely to be spotted. The refresh function provides a way of clearing them when they're spotted or if they are causing conflict alarms (Web interfaces or via RS email).

Last night I had a "failed to track recording" failure on BBC2 "QI XL - QI XL_20160501_0030.hmt" fp.bbc.co.uk/1RKFW6
looking back at the Radio Times schedule it shows QI XL was actually transmitted at 11pm on the 30th, I don't know when the schedule changed (the snooker ended at 9:30pm), possibly too late to do anything about it, but it would have been nice to have some warning

it shows QI XL was actually transmitted at 11pm on the 30th, I don't know when the schedule changed (the snooker ended at 9:30pm)
The Snooker didn't finish till 23:25 and neither The Rack Pack nor QI XL was transmitted.

The Snooker didn't finish till 23:25 and neither The Rack Pack nor QI XL was transmitted.
Ah OK - it is difficult to know what actually happened on a channel you are not watching.

QI XL also failed to track last week and I know it was transmitted that week because we saw it was playing when switching channels and we said that we we would watch the recording after we had watched another program and were then disappointed when we found the scheduled recording hadn't ocurred

Short video showing how to use the new tools to switch a Channel 5 recording to Channel 5 HD.

Next Prime request.
Example: I clicked on next Sunday and then Next Prime. This took me back to today but it displayed my Next Prime hours.
Would it be possible to retain the day I am viewing after selecting Next Prime rather than taking me back to Today please ?

Next Prime request.
Example: I clicked on next Sunday and then Next Prime. This took me back to today but it displayed my Next Prime hours.
Would it be possible to retain the day I am viewing after selecting Next Prime rather than taking me back to Today please ?
Can't you just click on 6PM (or your preferred prime time) on the new navigation bar?
I'm considering removing the Next Prime button entirely.

Can't you just click on 6PM (or your preferred prime time) on the new navigation bar?
I'm considering removing the Next Prime button entirely.
Thanks af123 that has done it - the Next Prime button is now pretty redundant as you say.

Back