[rs] Improved conflict detection

For what it's worth, here's the over-midnight span causing alignment issues that I mentioned elsewhere:
Odd - the handling of over midnight programmes needs to be there so I'll have to work out what's going on with the subsequent alignment!

[and please do consider optionally ignoring the OTA event, to allow for better horizontal space use? thanks...]
I'll make it an option.

Which reminds me...
Grid-style EPG has never worked for me, I always get the list view and then have to switch to grid.

What does EPG Quick Access do?

I have one programme that ends at midnight, but appears as a small box at the start of the next day (what follwos seems to be correctly alligned).
This is the only instance I have of a programme that finishes at midnight.
Sex Box 4seven HD Wed 23:00-00:00

I have another program, that despite having nothing before it (it is on the second channel, so no disableOTA) appears "early" on the grid.
Other seemingly similar examples are OK.
Police Interceptors Channel5 Mon 20:00-21:00

Still a fantasticly useful page, even with these minor gremlins.
ID 28073816 if it helps.

Still a fantasticly useful page, even with these minor gremlins.
ID 28073816 if it helps.
Thanks, those two are fixed now.

EPG Quick Access makes the EPG button at the top of the screen go straight to the EPG instead of showing a small search box.
I'll look at the grid style problem too.

Which reminds me...
Grid-style EPG has never worked for me, I always get the list view and then have to switch to grid.
Presumably you were using the link at the right of the main page? Fixed now!

I'm starting to realise that other people's recording schedules are far more interesting than my own...

and please do consider optionally ignoring the OTA event, to allow for better horizontal space use? thanks...
An alternative way of improving space usage and reducing the number of narrow columns would be to make the display horizontally scrollable (with date column fixed) and uses jquery.scrollLeft() to have the 'interesting' part of the schedule initially visible and the user could scroll left if they wanted to see the events scheduled for the early morning

Personally I am quite happy with the display as-is

Just added an event via RS, and now the Visual page has gone mad.

Loads of empty lines, and the page does not finish loading.

This happened after I added the event on Weds 11:30pm (1hr), so it may be related to that event, but before I added the event on Tues at 11pm, which was added after the oddness started.

Screen Shot 2016-04-18 at 3.50.03 am.png

One minor thing I've noticed since the changes to RS is that the log is now showing a number of entries that say "Uploaded 0 EPG entries, x.xx KiB". I seem to remember in the distant past these were suppressed as they don't mean anything and only clutter the log. I guess they've crept back in again...

Capture.JPG

Also, could I make a feature request? On the EPG page, could we have a button that enables you to jump to "Prime Time", rather than having to press ">>Later" a couple of times. Prime Time could either be fixed at, say, 6pm, or better still configurable in a user's preferences.

Thanks

Just added an event via RS, and now the Visual page has gone mad.

Loads of empty lines, and the page does not finish loading.

This happened after I added the event on Weds 11:30pm (1hr), so it may be related to that event, but before I added the event on Tues at 11pm, which was added after the oddness started.
Thanks for letting me know - fixed now. It was the 11:30pm event - because it went over midnight it needed hour 0 to be shown to accommodate the portion on the next day. However it had already determined that the 00 timeslot wasn't needed.

One minor thing I've noticed since the changes to RS is that the log is now showing a number of entries that say "Uploaded 0 EPG entries, x.xx KiB". I seem to remember in the distant past these were suppressed as they don't mean anything and only clutter the log. I guess they've crept back in again...

Also, could I make a feature request? On the EPG page, could we have a button that enables you to jump to "Prime Time", rather than having to press ">>Later" a couple of times. Prime Time could either be fixed at, say, 6pm, or better still configurable in a user's preferences.
Those log entries have always been shown, nothing has changed there. I will mark them as detailed entries so they won't be shown on the main screen, just on the full log.
Good idea on the prime-time button, I'll add that.

Those log entries have always been shown, nothing has changed there. I will mark them as detailed entries so they won't be shown on the main screen, just on the full log.
Good idea on the prime-time button, I'll add that.
As an alternative to a Prime time button Radio times
has a very convenient pair of Jump bars that allow single click navigation to any time of day or day in the scheduleFullscreen capture 18042016 111818-001.jpg
Something similar could replace date picker and the other earlier later buttons.

Something similar could replace date picker and the other earlier later buttons.
Good idea. I've added a 'prime' button for now since it was a very quick change and I'll look at adding something better when time permits.

Back