[rs] Improved conflict detection

ITV2+1 has the same duplication.
One episode shows as above (episodes on 24th & 31st), however, the other shows episodes on 24th and 26th but not 31st.

Same problem showing in the on-TV schedule prior to the recording:

Screenshot%202016-03-24%2023.21.27.png

and, of course, a failed recording as a result:

Screenshot%202016-03-24%2023.22.10.png

and no idea where episode 15 is : (

Same here for ITV2+1; one recorded, one failed and e15 missing. With a title like "Da Bomb" they may have decided that they couldn't show it this week (and messed-up the scheduling in the switch).

one wee quirk I've just noticed: looks like the tooltip, i.e. hover icon, is prepared using the text of the first programme in the series (this week), and then re-used for all subsequent events from this series.

If the Programme text in the EPG changes, over the course of the series within that week, then the tooltip/hover is now showing the wrong text.

This can be seen for e.g. Octonauts this week, where the one tomorrow is a special, and has a different Programme text, which is then used (wrongly) for the whole week's events in that series.

Not easy to provide a screenshot with tooltips...

I have scheduled Midsomer Murders using the EPG for tonight between 20:00 and 22:00. I then manually scheduled Air Force One between 20:55 and 23:25.
Midsomer Murders shows in the Conflict screen but no sign of Air Force One.
They are both showing in the Schedule on RS and WebIf.

I have scheduled Midsomer Murders using the EPG for tonight between 20:00 and 22:00. I then manually scheduled Air Force One between 20:55 and 23:25.
Midsomer Murders shows in the Conflict screen but no sign of Air Force One.
They are both showing in the Schedule on RS and WebIf.
Thanks, found you (only two people have set Air Force One to record, and only one of those was manual). I can see why it isn't there, I'll fix it.

Thanks, found you (only two people have set Air Force One to record, and only one of those was manual). I can see why it isn't there, I'll fix it.
Thanks that has done it - sorry I didn't give you my id (must try harder in future...)

Not fixed in the conflicts email - it is Practice 2 that conflicts
Code:
Conflicts have been detected in your recording schedule on the HDR-Fox T2 (Humax - dc:d3:21:57:a5:f3)
The following events conflict:

1 BBC ONE South   Fri 01/04/16 17:15 - 18:00: Pointless
4 Channel 4       Fri 01/04/16 15:55 - 17:35: F1: Bahrain GP Practice 1 Live
3 ITV             Fri 01/04/16 17:00 - 18:00: The Chase
Also when skipping an episode why does it strike through every other episode?
hpkg.tv Remote Scheduling - Mozilla Firefox 26032016 085705.jpg

Thanks, I'll fix that too!
A strike-through just means that there is a changing pending for that entry in the schedule. Improving that is something I am working on.

Do you think that "cancel entire recording", should perhaps be "cancel entire series", where appropriate?

Also, for my interest: how is "skip this episode" handled, given that this is not possible in the standard UI? Is it simply that the "what to record" DB contains only programmes (i.e. not series), and the series logic is done outside of that, so we can skip an episode by simply removing it from the DB?

however it's done: nice!

I think the "skip" episode is marked as having been recorded when it actually hasn't been, so the Humax software doesn't try to record it "again".

Interesting removal of repeats... next Sunday, the conflict checker has removed all recordings (i.e. they are not in the schedule or on the conflicts page and are on a brown background in the EPG) including the F1 race!

Also, I presume that at some point you decided that repeat (brown background) entries would not be shown on the conflicts page any more?

Just a suggestion - would it be possible to have a legend to describe the different colours (eg, I have not seen a brown and do not know what it is) and the strikethroughs.
This may help future newcomers to the Conflicts page.

I think the "skip" episode is marked as having been recorded when it actually hasn't been, so the Humax software doesn't try to record it "again".

Yep.

Episode skipping works by altering the schedule database so that the Humax thinks that the episode in question has already been recorded. It also forces the Humax to perform a new search for episodes - the schedule can take a minute to completely update following reboot. One gotcha though; the list of recorded episodes can only contain five entries so this won't work if there are more than four episodes to be recorded between now and when this episode should be skipped (that is rarely a problem in practice).

Interesting removal of repeats... next Sunday, the conflict checker has removed all recordings (i.e. they are not in the schedule or on the conflicts page and are on a brown background in the EPG) including the F1 race!

Also, I presume that at some point you decided that repeat (brown background) entries would not be shown on the conflicts page any more?

No, that's nothing to do with me. Events only show up on the conflicts page if they are scheduled for recording by your Humax. If an episode shows up as brown/orange in the EPG then that means that it is part of a /series/ which is scheduled but that the episode is not. That usually means that the particular episode has already been recorded or has not yet been selected for recording by the Humax - it could be that the Humax's EPG data isn't new enough yet.

Back