[rs] Remote Scheduling Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant - I'm not often moved to make Paypal donations but I have now! This'll be so useful for those second weeks of two week holidays where the EPG didn't include what you wanted to set up before you went away.

I have upgraded as advised for remote scheduling, that was easy. Accessed the new website, changed the p/w, and scheduled some recordings, again very easy. Congrats for an easy proceedure that anybody should be able to do. af123 my very best thanx for a feature that will be very useful to me and will be used very very frequently due to my globetrotting life style. I shall report back on my findings. :).........

Now I'm able to remote schedule, what will happen if my BT hub resets and gives me a new ip address????

I'm not sure, but I think the features are keyed onto your Humax's MAC address rather then the IP address.

I have tried setting a couple of films to record tonight, only to find that there was a clash with an existing timer. I resolved the clash by rescheduling the existing timer to an alternative timeslot and cancelling the original scheduled timer.

After a scheduled reboot of my box, the entries have appeared in my Schedule list as expected, but when viewing via the web-if and remote scheduling site, one of the films does not have the Lightning symbol to say that it has been accepted by Humax. I have tried rebooting again, but still no symbol? do you think that this timer will still work?
I think that symbol is almost random. I had it missing and when I checked the humax the recording was there. Don't trust it.

Brilliant - I'm not often moved to make Paypal donations but I have now! This'll be so useful for those second weeks of two week holidays where the EPG didn't include what you wanted to set up before you went away.

I've found that I do all of my scheduling that way now : )

Now I'm able to remote schedule, what will happen if my BT hub resets and gives me a new ip address????
it won't matter. All connections between the Humax and the web site are initiated outwards, from the Humax, so your outside IP address doesn't matter at all. Yes, the MAC address is used to uniquely identify the device itself.

it won't matter. All connections between the Humax and the web site are initiated outwards, from the Humax, so your outside IP address doesn't matter at all. Yes, the MAC address is used to uniquely identify the device itself.
Thanx af123

I have a question - apologies if it's a bit stupid. On the wiki it says that scheduling multiple wakeups every day (in addition to the 4.30am default) is easier on the remote control / on-screen menu. I have set a couple via PC using the new Remote Scheduling website, so that's all great, but I cannot for the life of me see how to do it directly on the Humax. Obviously it's not a problem, but I was just interested really...

Cheers

I presume that it means setting them via the Schedule screen (accessed by pressing "Guide" then "Yellow") and selecting New Reservation. You can set Channel, Date, Start Time, End Time, Repeat (should be set to Daily), Mode (should be set to Reminder)

It means via the Settings -> ??? -> Time menu.

That gives an option for a repeating wake-up/sleep as well of a choice of channel and on volume.

Can't remember the exact menu path, will edit it in later...

Surely that only gives you one on-off setting per day? Exactly the same effect can be achieved by a manually set reminder in the Schedule, but multiple events are possible. That also gives you choice of channel and volume. Hence first time I turn my Humax on any day it is always on BBC NEWS instead of whatever I was watching last.

I have a question - apologies if it's a bit stupid. On the wiki it says that scheduling multiple wakeups every day (in addition to the 4.30am default) is easier on the remote control / on-screen menu. I have set a couple via PC using the new Remote Scheduling website, so that's all great, but I cannot for the life of me see how to do it directly on the Humax. Obviously it's not a problem, but I was just interested really...

Cheers

Not easier - just another way to do a similar thing. You can set a auto wake up and power off in the Preferences-Time menu on the box but as noted that only allowed one per day. So the service also allows the addition of similar events remotely (unlike the menu which needs you to be at the box). You can also use BH's suggestion of reminders [EDIT and also Brian's (sorry original reply was done on a phone so harder to follow posts)] or indeed an actual daily recording. Happy days - with all those options available there should be something to suit everyone's preferences :)

I set a wake timer via the website for 6.45am until 11.00 am. The Hummy actually came on at 5.45 and switched off at 10.00. The time on the hummy is showing the correct time including BST adjustment.

Any ideas as to why it happened an hour early?

I failed at the next hurdle!
My remote scheduled recordings failed.
In the Media Video section I now have 2 entries with recording duration of 0 mins. Pressing the item produces the message
"Recording failed: unable to track programme"
Any ideas what has gone wrong? I now also seem to have problems scheduling recordings with the remote control the whole series option is now missing on Downton Abbey in HD it says scheduling conflict with recording scheduled on channel 33 (a recording that has not been set) strange very strange.

I set a wake timer via the website for 6.45am until 11.00 am. The Hummy actually came on at 5.45 and switched off at 10.00. The time on the hummy is showing the correct time including BST adjustment.
Any ideas as to why it happened an hour early?

It's a timezone problem somewhere, I'll add it the known issues. This one was actually picked up in the beta test but slipped through the cracks.

I failed at the next hurdle!
My remote scheduled recordings failed.
In the Media Video section I now have 2 entries with recording duration of 0 mins. Pressing the item produces the message
"Recording failed: unable to track programme"

The unable to track message means that your box didn't see the signal from the broadcaster indicating that the event had started, which usually means that the box wasn't turned on at the right time, the programme wasn't actually broadcast, started very late or more than 15 minutes early.

Assuming they were broadcast, then the most likely reason is that the box didn't wake up for the recording. This hasn't been seen in testing but it is possible that the humax software didn't reset the hardware timer to account for the new recordings for some reason. Were they scheduled close to broadcast time?

I now also seem to have problems scheduling recordings with the remote control the whole series option is now missing on Downton Abbey in HD it says scheduling conflict with recording scheduled on channel 33 (a recording that has not been set) strange very strange.

That's very odd. I suppose it makes sense that the box would refuse to let you schedule the series if it can see a conflict, but I don't see a conflict in your database (although I'm guessing which user you are). None of the testers saw any problems with mixing scheduling via the web site and on-screen menus and I still do that a lot when testing.

I'm not sure what to suggest other than trying to delete the Dowton Abbey events from your schedule and re-entering them. I just tried to schedule the HD series via my remote control and it worked fine although we could be in different regions.

Just to clarify, if you find the event in the guide then click OK, you're not even seeing the series record option there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back