[rs] Remote Scheduling Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
BST.

Wake up times reported in Scheduled Events on the rs site are an hour out this morning (+1:00). Programme times are OK.

I noticed my scheduled reminders set for the BBC News at 6pm on the HDR itself, were all coming up an hour behind, so I waited until today to see if they would revert to the correct time, but no, they were still an hour early! All other timers are OK.

I notice the Webif EPG has the times out by an hour.

But in the meantime, a half functioning attempt will be released about a year and a half late..................

Before I left the UK earlier this month, I set Corry series and Eastenders series to record for ever. Today when I check the schedule I find all appear to have finished. I had also set up wake up 0200 and sleep 1600. The schedule shows these are set for 21st March 2012. So, they appear also to have ended.

I am wondering why all settings should end. The Humax has been running unattended subject to timers and AR since I left. We have had a short power cut (2 or 3 seconds) before I left and I am thinking maybe we had another.

I am able to set Corry series to start again today but when I try to reset Eastenders all I get it program information.

Another thing I have noticed recently is that I can only set timer periods of 15 minutes. eg if I set wake at 0200 and try to set sleep at 1600 the wake changes to 1545. I am locked into 15 minute periods. The only way around this it to set 2 x 15 minute timers at each end of the required period and later delete the ones not needed.

EDIT: I have just noticed - Last seen: 7:50 pm on Tuesday, 20th March 2012

I have had the services checked at my place and all was in order. No power cut so I have no idea why the Humax is not responding since 20th March. Rather pain having gone to such trouble to control it remotely while I am away. Go to China next so HWMBO will rant and I may lose my special massages :(

I had searches set up under 'Settings for epgkeywords plugin - EPG monitoring by keyword' to catch the first Formula 1 programmes of the season and they worked well. Once the box had found the series I deleted the searches but I'm still getting emailed confirmations that another match has been found.

Is there a way to stop the searches continuing?

The epgkeywords plugin isn't related to the RS portal and it's very basic. No, there is no way to stop it emailing matches to you.

If you use the Remote Scheduling Portal to do the same thing (via the Autos option) however, it is much more flexible and won't remind you about the same thing twice.

The epgkeywords plugin isn't related to the RS portal and it's very basic. No, there is no way to stop it emailing matches to you.

If you use the Remote Scheduling Portal to do the same thing (via the Autos option) however, it is much more flexible and won't remind you about the same thing twice.
Thanks for the response.

If I can't turn off unwanted notifications then should I just uninstall 'webif-epgkeywords' and use the Remote Scheduling Portal?

That's the best idea. Emailing from the box itself has been fraught with difficulties for some people, and was only really a stop-gap measure before the RS Portal became available.

Using the Calendar function in the rs EPG results in the day previous to the one chosen to be displayed. Anybody else noticed this?

Hmm yes it does that for me too - I load up the EPG and choose Friday 13th from the calendar and it displays Thursday 12th (and Thursdays programs just in case it was only the date display that was out).

I have also noticed that Sunday's Grand Prix is not highlighted in blue. Although appearing in the Webif/Scheduled Events it does not have 'Yes' against Accepted in Schedule Details. Nor in Active/Schedule Details on the rs site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back