[rs] Remote Scheduling Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have there been some problems with the rs around tuesday wednesday? I seem to have missed recordings set via it for: child of... and bank of Dave

I think there may have been. My log shows"!Error, cannot find event to schedule." for 27/2 which is when I set a series record for Parks & Recreation next week.

I think there may have been. My log shows"!Error, cannot find event to schedule." for 27/2 which is when I set a series record for Parks & Recreation next week.
Great idea to check the log, I found my errors also said database locked.
Is there a way to monitor the log for entries like these, af123?

I might justr be being stupid or blind but is there a way to schedule a reboot using the mobile version of the scheduling portal, I couldn't see a way to do it when i tried earlier?

Great idea to check the log, I found my errors also said database locked.
Is there a way to monitor the log for entries like these, af123?
Can you post the log entries? I am not aware of any problems with RS itself - those errors could be related to your Humax device but I would have expected the system to try scheduling it again.

I think the answer is no, I can't see it in the Mobile RS version

Glad it's not just me.

Is there any way it could be added? The time I'm most likely to use the remote scheduling portal is when I'm out and about and on my mobile, so would need to be able to reset the box in order to be able to set something whilst out...

Is there any way it could be added? The time I'm most likely to use the remote scheduling portal is when I'm out and about and on my mobile, so would need to be able to reset the box in order to be able to set something whilst out...

Yes, I can add it. You realise you only need to add the scheduled reboot when the thing you've set to record is going to occur fairly soon? I do all my scheduling through RS and RS Mobile but very rarely need to add the reboot.

Oh yeah I realise that, it's just that there are occasions where i remember suddenly that something is due to come on fairly soon after and would be handy to be able to schedule the reboot to make sure it gets in that schedule quickly.

If you could add it, that would be ace!

!Error encountered whilst scheduling: database is locked

Could it be just a coincidence that someone else's machine had the same error at the same time?

If you could add it, that would be ace!
It's there now and I've also fixed a problem with the front page now always refreshing.
Once you've queued up a recording, the option to schedule a reboot will appear.

Can you post the log entries? I am not aware of any problems with RS itself - those errors could be related to your Humax device but I would have expected the system to try scheduling it again.

Here is my log for the day in question:

27/02/2013 18:01:40 !Error, cannot find event to schedule.
27/02/2013 18:01:38 Processing command 'schedule '
27/02/2013 18:01:37 System booted.
27/02/2013 04:39:09 Updated disk contents.
27/02/2013 04:30:26 System booted.

!Error encountered whilst scheduling: database is locked
That's a local error - I'll have a look to see why it didn't just retry. It must have considered it a fatal error, not worth retrying.

Feature request, would it be possible to display the ip of my humax box within the rs portal?
In the absence of a suitable DDNS client it would help me by allow me remoting into my own box

Have you seen the inadyn package for the Humax? That's a DDNS client that runs on the Humax itself.

I have noticed that I am getting ghost recordings listed in the recent activity device log on the hummypkg RS website. For example, Eastenders is recorded as a series. Here are some example entries from the log:

Time Message
13/03/2013 21:07:27 Recorded: EastEnders/EastEnders_20130311_2001
13/03/2013 21:07:26 Recorded: EastEnders/EastEnders_20130312_1929
13/03/2013 20:37:45 System booted.
12/03/2013 13:24:17 System booted.
11/03/2013 20:29:52 Recorded: EastEnders/EastEnders_20130311_2001
11/03/2013 19:44:40 System booted.

As you can see, the 11/3 episode of Eastenders has an entry at the correct time of 20:30 on 11/3, and then a second incorrect entry at the same time as the 13/3 episode completes its recording.

Could this be related to auto-decrypting? I think I noticed that the 11/3 episode was being decrypted while the 13/3 episode was recording (not sure why it's taken 2 days to get round to doing it?!). Is there anywhere I can check if this was the case?

This happens quite regularly with Eastenders, and on more than one HDR, but doesn't seem to occur with all other series.

It's quite likely. The current implementation in rs is known to be over sensitive and will log things like decryption completing as a recording - something I will fix in a future version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back