[rs] Remote Scheduling Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe that by buying a 3D set I got a better quality screen, but even if I get a 3D bluray I will most likely watch it in 2D..

The newer TVs that are capable of 3D display are better quality, but I think you could get the same quality without the 3D feature. It's just that 3D has been bundled in with better quality components and design, I don't think 3D will go away, as I think it takes little effort to implement, it will just slide down the features list to be replace by 4K, even faster refresh rates or what ever the new 'must have' feature they come up with to make the customer dis-satisfied with the TV the currently have

I am currently away from home, and thought I would check out the RS feature. For some season the EPG in grid view gets truncated half way through channel 14. in Now and Next it shows all channels. I have tried a couple of different browsers, all give the same result. I also waited for the overnight download, before reporting.

The ISP that hosts the RS Portal site has just moved it to a faster server with fewer customers on it. It seems faster to me - please post here if you experience any problems, thanks!

The ISP that hosts the RS Portal site has just moved it to a faster server with fewer customers on it. It seems faster to me - please post here if you experience any problems, thanks!

And following from my post 2 above, I have just tested the new server. It is definitely faster, but still cutting off at channel 14 in grid mode.

(Not sure if ther server change was meant to address this issue.)

Hi

Just had my HUMAX replaced due to a noisy disk. I've re-installed Custom Firmware and the Remote Scheduling package. I've re-registered with RS with the same email address. Is there anything I need to do within RS? e.g. "Reset Matched Events" for all my automatic scheduling entries?

UPDATE: Looks like I'll have to setup my automatic scheduling again for the new device, unless there's a way to copy from the old device?

There is an auto-backup file that is written to the Humax containing Web-If schedule and favourites, I guess it would be possible to transfer it to your new Humax. The files reside at /mod/var/backup e.g. auto-2013-Feb-22-18:06.rbk, try copying the latest file to your new Humax and then go to Web-If >> Schedule events >> scroll down to Backup/Restore. Backup/Restore notes HERE, however if you want to put back the Remote scheduling 'auto' data it won't help

If you go into settings on RS and send me the details of the old and new devices, I can move the automatic rules from one to the other.
Their MAC addresses would be ideal.

Is it wise to publish your MAC address on a public forum?

Personally, I would delete them and send af123 a PM.

You could start a private conversation with him by clicking on his Avatar (the picture above his name), then click 'Start a conversation'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back