[rs] Remote Scheduling Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a failed recording email on the 8th, here enclosed, and all is well except for the fact that I would have expected one the previous day. recording failed on 6th so email should have come on the 7th? Obviously this is no big deal but is it highlighting some potential problems?

I received a failed recording email on the 8th, here enclosed, and all is well except for the fact that I would have expected one the previous day. recording failed on 6th so email should have come on the 7th? Obviously this is no big deal but is it highlighting some potential problems?

It depends on when your box turns on and off to some extent. The contents of your device's disk is only uploaded once per day - that's on the first boot of the day or at 2am if your box is left on all the time. For most boxes that means that this happens around 04:30 during the maintenance/OTA boot. Then the failed-to-track checker runs at 06:15 GMT. If your box was off between midnight and 06:15 then the disk contents would not have been uploaded in time for the checker to spot the failed recording.

I have a spurious recording conflict showing for next week

Yes, it has got it wrong here. It is because the running time for each of the recordings highlighted in pink overlaps with two others and they overlap with each other. The algorithm used for the conflict checking is very fast but not perfect.
I will have a look to see if it can be improved so it doesn't flag this case.

It depends on when your box turns on and off to some extent. The contents of your device's disk is only uploaded once per day - that's on the first boot of the day or at 2am if your box is left on all the time. For most boxes that means that this happens around 04:30 during the maintenance/OTA boot. Then the failed-to-track checker runs at 06:15 GMT. If your box was off between midnight and 06:15 then the disk contents would not have been uploaded in time for the checker to spot the failed recording.

Note that anyone running disable-ota will not have the 0430 wake-up, unless they have taken other measures (eg an 0420-0440 reminder, which ensures the EPG is kept updated and also defeats OTA as a second-line defence).

The contents of your device's disk is only uploaded once per day - that's on the first boot of the day or at 2am if your box is left on all the time. .
This coupled with disable ota comment of BH answers my question. Would a boot at 00:15 count as the first boot of the day?

This coupled with disable ota comment of BH answers my question. Would a boot at 00:15 count as the first boot of the day?
Yes, that would count. I could also make the failed recording checker run later than 06:15. Maybe 10am would be more appropriate as more boxes will have been booted by then.

Is there a way to be reminded of 3D content, without getting told about all programs flagged as "Not 3D?"

(Not that there is much 3D content on BBC channels.)

Do they flag programs as "Not 3D" ?
+3D -"Not 3D" would probably work, although you might be waiting some time to test that it works

mihaid : The 3D adventure might fold by the time we get to November.
Just as we are expected to throw out our HD TVs and adopt 4k?

The whole problem with terrestrial 3D is there is nothing to adopt !, you get a couple of programs a year (sometimes sponsored by companies other than the BBC e.g. Sony did Wimbledon) that can only be viewed on a high definition set-up BUT you have to sacrifice High-Def. for 3D e.g. 1920X1080 becomes 960+960X1080 so half the detail has gone, add to that the need for a 3D TV probably including 3D specs. (not popular) and you have a recipe for disaster

The whole problem with terrestrial 3D is there is nothing to adopt !, you get a couple of programs a year (sometimes sponsored by companies other than the BBC e.g. Sony did Wimbledon) that can only be viewed on a high definition set-up BUT you have to sacrifice High-Def. for 3D e.g. 1920X1080 becomes 960+960X1080 so half the detail has gone, add to that the need for a 3D TV probably including 3D specs. (not popular) and you have a recipe for disaster
Which is why I won't bother with 3D and hopefully they will keep it off our sets ie make it optional for those that want it at extra cost. Personally, now that HD movies display/sound just as they do in cinemas I don't need anything extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back