[rs] Remote Scheduling Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favourites on RS - sweet! Many thanks for that, no more QVC cluttering things up. Can I hop on the bandwagon of RS nice-to-haves and ask if it's possible for scheduled items that have a delete action pending to preferably not show up in the 'active' list, or at least appear differently (e.g. greyed out or maybe a red-tint). I know they get shown on the queued commands list as well, but it would make things a bit neater when doing a tidy-up. Quite often I've clicked to delete items in the active list several times thinking that it hasn't worked, not noticing that they've been added as 'deletions' to the queued list.

Request for a new useful function, if I say so myself,
Currently the rs checks for conflicts and emails if any found
Could it be possible to check for recordings 'failed to track' and email if any found.

The next release of the RS package will support this. The option is there on the RS Settings Page now but your box won't upload details of failed recordings without the new package.

fttalert.png

Quite often I've clicked to delete items in the active list several times thinking that it hasn't worked, not noticing that they've been added as 'deletions' to the queued list.
I've done the same thing on the WebIf. It needs to work the same way as the Install Packages stuff - once it's installed, it gets greyed/disabled on the page so you can't do it again.

If you upgrade to rs 0.7.0 then you will get:
  • Deletions from the RS Portal will go via the dustbin if undelete is installed;
  • It is now possible to delete empty directories from the RS Portal interface;
  • Daily alerts for failed recordings, if enabled in settings - I've enabled it for all existing accounts but you can turn it off if you don't want it.

i like the way rs messages you to update to 0.7.
will it keep asking you even after you have rs 0.7 installed?
now, how to best generate some failed recordings to test it? 3 recordings at the same time comes to mind.
oh, and thank you for this.

It is now possible to delete empty directories from the RS Portal interface;
It looks as if it is also possible to delete directories containing recordings. I don't have one, that I no longer need, to experiment on. Was this your intention?

Cool. How long between a failed recording and the email? Will we have time to long onto rs and record a "+1" channel for example?

Also, I've got a feature request but only if others would find it useful too.

Would it be possible to assign different email addresses to different automatic schedule notifications? This is so I can be notified about top gear and match of the day and the missus could be notified about upcoming programs about nazi Germany (not joking! ).

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

now, how to best generate some failed recordings to test it? 3 recordings at the same time comes to mind.
I needn't have worried. My machine found Mr Selfridge on sunday ITVHD failed to track and I hadn't spotted it. So it started helping already. Anyone else's machine failed with that recording?

What do we know that causes failed recordings, apart from the broadcaster not sending the correct start signal?

It looks as if it is also possible to delete directories containing recordings. I don't have one, that I no longer need, to experiment on. Was this your intention?
It's possible to schedule it for deletion but when the Humax box attempts to run the command it will fail if the directory is not empty. That is, the check is performed when running the command.

That is deliberate so that you can schedule a deletion of everything in a folder followed by the folder itself while the Humax is offline. When it checks in it will run the commands in sequence so that the folder is empty by the time it tries to delete that.

Cool. How long between a failed recording and the email? Will we have time to long onto rs and record a "+1" channel for example?
Your box only uploads details of the files on the disk once a day so the emails are only sent once per day (early in the morning). No, it won't give you time to catch it on +1.

Also, I've got a feature request but only if others would find it useful too.

Would it be possible to assign different email addresses to different automatic schedule notifications? This is so I can be notified about top gear and match of the day and the missus could be notified about upcoming programs about nazi Germany (not joking! ).

Not at present. I just forward interesting things on to SWMBO as appropriate.

@mihaid
I had a non-conflicting (but abutting schedule)...
Top Gear and Call the Midwife from 8 to 9
Ripper Street and Warehouse 13 from 9.

However, Top Gear ran beyond its end time by a few minutes, the resulting conflict caused a tracking error on Warehouse 13 (it lost its start).

Did you have a similar combination?

I had:
bbc1 call the midwife 8-9
bbchd top gear 8-9 and I now realise
itvhd dancing 8.30-9 which is why this failed
bbchd wonders 9-10
itvhd selfridge 9-10 which also failed

So if top gear was late I should have tuner 1 recording top gear at 9.01 say and tuner 2 should've started selfridge at 9. Unless midwife was late also.
I think I'll move dancing onto the FoxHdr and maybe Selfridge also.

I would have expected the same tuner to be used for top gear and wonders as they were on the same channel - but it might not work like that?

I do like the way the humax prioritises the end of a program rather than the start of another tho.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

And the great program that is the conflict checker, it did not detect the 3 recordings conflict because I suppose it only checks for the first instance of a series and it only does it once a day which was too late for when the dancing results came along.
I was wondering if it would be possible to check all the instances which might conflict?

I was wondering if it would be possible to check all the instances which might conflict?
As an ex Topfield (Toppy to its friends :) ) user I have been spoiled. The bespoke code MyStuff (thanks BobD) would check all instances for conflict and automatically move them to +1 showings or repeats (including showings on other channels)

I was delighted to find the RS conflict notification for the Humax. I think that the philosophy for customisation by this group is much more conservative and to generally let the box get on with things on its own - I can understand why and thank them for all they have provided to date :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back