[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

Ezra Pound

The excellent wiki pages for RS don't seem to mention the useful Diagnostic scripts (e.g. rs/sync); unless I'm missing them.

Would be nice to document those in the pages, please.

Is there any way to edit multiple RS Auto tasks in one go?

eg if I want to change multiple items from Series to Event.

That sounds like a very infrequent requirement to me; less work to edit each even individually than to code a utility to do the same!

If we're soliciting Auto RFEs, may I please repeat my request for an Auto entry type that incorporates a search for text in Title OR Synopsis?

For every one of my auto entries, I have had to enter them twice: once as Name, and once as Synopsis.

If we're soliciting Auto RFEs, may I please repeat my request for an Auto entry type that incorporates a search for text in Title OR Synopsis?

For every one of my auto entries, I have had to enter them twice: once as Name, and once as Synopsis.

me too.

Channel 5 HD went live in the EPG today and so I duly rescanned to add it, restored my backed-up recording schedule and then scheduled a test C5 HD recording (Reservoir Dogs!). All seems well except that my access to the RS website is now borked. The site won't render the C5 recording, or past it, and therefore refuses to show the EPG link, etc., in Safari 5.1.10 (I'm a Snow Leopard hold-out).

Channel 5 HD went live in the EPG today and so I duly rescanned to add it, restored my backed-up recording schedule and then scheduled a test C5 HD recording (Reservoir Dogs!). All seems well except that my access to the RS website is now borked. The site won't render the C5 recording, or past it, and therefore refuses to show the EPG link, etc., in Safari 5.1.10 (I'm a Snow Leopard hold-out).
Please post the unique ID of your box (from the RS settings page) and I will have a look.

Edit: fixed but the channel will show as Unknown until your box does its nightly channel update (or you run the rs/sync diagnostic).

This was added a few days ago and seems to be working properly. The interface is a bit clunky - I will have to try and improve it.

I have a remote unit I look after that is connecting to RS regularly, but has an expired even stuck in the pending queue and is not applying new record requests. I've seen this before and turning it off at the mains for a couple of seconds sorts it out. Is there any sort of remote reset to the RS service that can be done?

Tiny bug on the Auto page:
  • add an entry using the new OR mechanism
  • select two existing entries for same text as new entry, i.e. separate Name & Synopsis entries
  • Delete Selected, Yes to confirm
  • page redraws, selected entries have gone
  • note that Delete Selected (2) (and Reset ...) buttons are still active, although nothing is selected, since the selected entries have now gone

Back