[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

Ah yes, it does! Settings->Preferences->Recording->Auto Delete
The Autodelete is 'Off' so it wasn't that and in any event I would have thought it would have deleted earlier recordings first. It's going to remain a mystery for now but she (and me) are more clued up and will keep an eye on what's happening.

The day after I got a phone call saying that the complete series of 'The Tomorrow Peoples' folder was empty. There should have been 8 episodes in it. They were there a few days before.

For me, on every occasion so far when programmes 'disappeared' and it wasn't human error, they have eventually turned up somewhere else in the system, which is at first mystifying and then usually explicable.

It is entirely possible that the folder and/or contents were auto-moved somewhere that isn't obvious - to a sub-folder, or attached USB external drive, including onto anything that you attached to your friend's set-up. For example, if there was an identically named folder anywhere else that was visible to the system, it may be that some process moved the 8 programmes over to it.

Random things to check, just in case.
Is undelete installed? If so, double check in there and that the Deleted Items folder has the necessary [ ] brackets around it. If undelete is not installed then consider installing it to prevent mysterious deletions being terminal.

Was the 'The Tomorrow People' folder in the root (topmost) level of the folder structure, or a sub-folder? If it was in the root level - then is seriesfiler and/or sweeper installed? And/or mvdisks?

If none of this applies, then is there anyone else with access to that remote control .... :)

I'm still having instances where the RS is failing to send updated disk contents to the website, which I mentioned a few weeks back. I'm still getting these "Could not get opkg lock after 5 seconds" errors which I think must be the cause (although it's difficult to tell in the rs.log as there's no date and time against them):

Code:
Resetting new flag on /media/My Video/EastEnders
Resetting new flag on /media/My Video/The Graham Norton Show
Resetting new flag on /media/My Video/Top of the Pops_ 1979
Resetting new flag on /media/My Video/Britain's Got Talent
Resetting new flag on /media/My Video/8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown
Sending disk information to remote server.
Updating...
Already up-to-date.
Could not acquire lock.
Could not acquire lock.
Runtime Error: /mod/webif/lib/system.class:118: Could not get opkg lock after 5 seconds.
in procedure 'require' called at file "/mod/sbin/rs_process", line 5
at file "/mod/webif/lib/setup", line 6
in procedure 'system' called at file "/mod/webif/lib/safe_delete", line 7
at file "/mod/webif/lib/system.class", line 118
Could not acquire lock.
Could not acquire lock.
Runtime Error: /mod/webif/lib/system.class:118: Could not get opkg lock after 5 seconds.
in procedure 'require' called at file "/mod/sbin/rs_process", line 5
at file "/mod/webif/lib/setup", line 6
in procedure 'system' called at file "/mod/webif/lib/safe_delete", line 7
at file "/mod/webif/lib/system.class", line 118
Could not acquire lock.
Processing command 'delete '
*Delete '/A Very British Airline/A Very British Airline_20140609_2101.ts'
Removed /media/My Video/A Very British Airline/A Very British Airline_20140609_2101.ts

Removed /media/My Video/A Very British Airline/A Very British Airline_20140609_2101.nts

Removed /media/My Video/A Very British Airline/A Very British Airline_20140609_2101.hmt

Removed /media/My Video/A Very British Airline/A Very British Airline_20140609_2101.thm

Removed file '/A Very British Airline/A Very British Airline_20140609_2101.ts'
Resetting new flag on /media/My Video/A Very British Airline
Sending disk information to remote server.
Updating...

af123, I think you said you would look at this - any progress?

Thanks

I'm still seeing the disc contents not update every day on RS also, sometimes it takes several days for it to catch up.

Just a thought, Now that there is a very comprehensive 'If . . And . . . Or . . . Not' etc. search routine built into the new Sweeper package, could the same type of 'rules' be used to schedule / inform via Email a user about future programmes in the Remote Scheduler >> Auto screen?

e.g. :-
if title contains QI and is not on Dave then schedule a recording

if genre = Movie (Film) and synopsys contains (2010 or 2011 or 2013 or 2014) and synopsis does not contain Nicholas Cage then Email user

Hey af123,

For some reason my box was last seen almost an hour in the future, is the rs server time correct?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-15-10-12-59.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-15-10-12-59.png
    196.4 KB · Views: 18
If you can push it forward a few days perhaps we can watch the final episode of Fargo without having to wait a week;-)

Quick question.

I am not experiencing any problems with RS, but the RS Logs on a couple of my HDRs have entries that indicate something is not quite right. I note that the lines are similar to those above in post #505.

RS Log [Green].JPG

RS Log [Orange].JPG

Is there anything that I should be concerned about?

My logs contain quite a lot of those entries, though the RS system has always worked normally. Would there be any reason for RS to use opkg anyway?

Would there be any reason for RS to use opkg anyway?
It's checking to see if the "undelete" package is installed.

I'm no jim expert and I might be completely wrong, but it looks to me like there are several possibilities in /mod/sbin/rs_process where the script can exit without releasing the lock it acquired at the start.
This is very bad in general terms and probably the cause of the "Could not acquire lock" errors.
I don't know the cause of the others.

The lock is cleared automatically when the process exits, so no problem there.

The errors are exactly what you say though. It's trying to find out if undelete is installed but can't get access to the package system because something else is using it. Depending on when this happens, it's possibly the auto-update process doing an update.

It's still good practice to clear the lock before exiting mid-script. It looks wrong as is. And why do it at the end if it's done automatically?

In any case, there are 3 errors that I can see:
1) "Could not acquire lock" which seems to be as described previously. If not that, then what could be the cause? How can the lock clear be verified? It seems to be something socket related, so "netstat"?
2) The "opkg lock" error. Seems to happen too often for it to be coincidence with an auto-update, but that's just my gut feeling.
3) Unable to resolve a host name to an IP address. Presumably this is done in /mod/bin/rs and I guess it's the rs.hummypkg.org.uk address it can't resolve, but it might help to write it in the error message just to confirm.

The Could not acquire lock probably means that the script is still running from the last time it kicked off. I'd guess it's hung trying to do something network related. That's supported by the other two errors too. If the connection to the Internet is broken then opkg will hang too, and that uses its own locking mechanism.

Thanks for this, however it doesn't work.

I have the same problem as posted a while back; the Guide won't update. I have favourites group set too none.

Don't really have to want to manually populate it every time, so how can I troubleshoot it not uploading?

Thanks

Back