[rs] Schedule the film '1984'

Dave F.

Hi
I wish to schedule the film '1984'. Is there a way to set RS to find the title if it's only '1984'; such as using RegEx?: '^1984$'

I'm unwilling to set the content to Film/Drama in the standard rules as that relies on Freeview assigning it correctly, which occasionally it fails to do. I've missed a couple of previous recordings. Standard rules will find any program with '1984' in the title, such a historic Top of the Pops.

Instead of auto-scheduling the search hit, set it to email alert. Then you can screen the results and only schedule the one you want.

Disappointing it can't be auto, but thanks. As * & ? (part of regex) are included could ^ & $ be added?

It should work if you just put it in quotes, "1984", at least for an advanced rule.

Edit: just confirmed this with "ncis' - it didn't find the New Orleans or New York variants.

It should work if you just put it in quotes, "1984", at least for an advanced rule.

Edit: just confirmed this with "ncis' - it didn't find the New Orleans or New York variants.
It wouldn't find "New York" as there isn't such a version of NCIS - "Los Angeles"? or CSI:NY? :D

It wouldn't find "New York" as there isn't such a version of NCIS - "Los Angeles"? or CSI:NY? :D
Fair enough, it was late. It's the LA variant that stopped showing up once I added the quotes.

Resurrecting this post as I'm still frustrated by the rules.
Quotes around the title doesn't work.

I've set a rule to look for a single word film: Brothers. Without quotes it returns any film with that word in the title ie 'Seven brides for seven brothers'.

This is the same as using asterisks (See news below.)

I think there should be difference - A string on it's own without any Regex should find only that literal string.

Help screen:
1576596891671.png

Resurrecting this post as I'm still frustrated by the rules.
Quotes around the title doesn't work.
Double quotes has been working for me for quite some time on the advanced rule set.
1576608982174.png
Double quotes do not work in a similar manner on the simple rule set.

Is there a reason the simple set can't have the same rules?
They were developed at different times and changing the way they work now could break some existing rules for some users.

Is there a reason you cant create an advanced rule - they are not that complicated

Back