Samsung uhd tv and freessat box

Laurence65

Being a tech head just had to have the latest bit of kit! Righ,t the tv is supplied with an infrared remote unit so the sat box can be controlled by the tv hand set. You need to enter the serial no of the box to get them to talk to each other, can't get it to log on. wrong serial no? Does not recognise Humax Machines? Tv is UE48HU750 series

You need to enter the serial no of the box to get them to talk to each other, can't get it to log on. wrong serial no?
The manual from Samsung UK support for the UE48HU7505 and UE48HU7505 state that you need to enter the model.

It depends how the TV handset is supposed to control other devices. Modern equipment has something called CEC - commands are daisy-chained to connected equipment via a back-channel on the HDMI cable. Good luck trying to get that to work on the Foxsat, and even though it won't work on an HDR-FOX enabling it on the TV has been known to crash the STB. Even when all equipment is supposed to be CEC-compatible, you can expect incompatibilities between manufacturers.

On the other hand, the handset may have "universal" remote capabilities, like the Humax remotes do. In that case the selected device will need coding in to the handset, and it just sends out the IR commands suitable for the coded device. You will probably have more luck programming the Humax handset to run the TV.

My Foxsat HDR remote only has basic control of my Samsung TV including a few peculiar key assignments. Works well enough as my ancillary remote to tweak the TV when my Harmony universal remote would need more key presses to do what needs to be done.

Back