As designed eve if not as your mother intended.I thought it was strange when ma's box was recording Mission Impossible. Doing a bit of housekeeping today I found this:
20/12/2020 10:51:50 - SchedChk: * Updated * 20/11/20 14:15 00:45 === slot 42 === Impossible === BBC ONE HD-->21/12/20 22:45 01:45 === Mission: Impossible === BBC ONE HD === 1-off recording
Not sure what the fault is, but I guess this was not exactly intended...
I didn't use exact matching for on-off and scrid changes so that it could find variants like Impossible Celebrities or Christmas Impossible which she probably would want but of course it can lead to some strange mismatches when you have short titles with common words.
I could possibly try to ensure the genres also matched but they may cause some failures because I don't trust the genre to be used consistently.
I will also think about allowing for alerts without scheduling on individual processes