Schedule backup/restore not restoring favourites

peterworks

Ye Olde Bowler
After doing a retune I was most thankful for both tunefix and my schedule backup. I had to reinstate my favourites and wondered whether favourites could be incorporated into tunefix (ie, setting them and automatically restoring them). If not could it be done another way ? (Lazy or what !)

The CFW schedule backup already includes a backup of all Favouites, although they are not displayed in 'View Backup', they are displayed during 'Create Backup'

Attachments

• Favourites.png
    Favourites.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
As an addendum to the above: restoring something is not what tunefix currently does, so it would not be appropriate to add the facility (even if it were necessary). tunefix makes modifications to the tuning database according to a set of rules you pre-define.

Thanks Ezra and also BH for the info.
Unfortunately my backups do not seem to be including any Favourites info (as below) - any advice please ?
Capture13-12-2016-14.28.36.jpg

EDIT: Please ignore this - I had not entered any favourites...

Last edited:
It does say backing up channel favourites:confused: Ah, I see what you mean from EP's post.

I did a backup after entering some favourites and this is the output - should it show Favourites being backed up also ?
Capture13-12-2016-14.39.25.jpg

A while ago I wanted to 'hide' an unused favourite group so renamed it as . (full stop). I have now renamed that group to Not used and the backup seems to be working okay now.
Will do another retune to see if this has resolved the situation
Capture13-12-2016-15.02.15.jpg

Last edited:
I did reboot. rsvsync.log shows:
Restoring any favourites.
Ignoring: no such table: fav (no such table: fav)
Capture13-12-2016-15.54.08.jpg

I posted this in October 2014. Could this be connected ?
The contents of my rsvsync.log show the following:
>>> Contents of /var/log/rsvsync.log 209 bytes
Opening /var/lib/humaxtv/rsvp.db
Attaching /var/lib/humaxtv/rsv.db
Retrieving pending records.
Attaching /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db
Restoring any favourites.
Ignoring: no such table: fav (no such table: fav)

Could the fact that the last 2 lines refer to a favourites table but it is not there be relevant ?
Should there be (or have been) a table ?

I bumped the thread in November this year with this:

Sorry to bump this but I am still unable to see the changes I have made to Favourites on the Humax being reflected in RS or WebIf.
If it assists the rsvsync log shows
3186 Wed Nov 23 09:29:28 2016: Final schedule entries: 19
3185 Wed Nov 23 09:29:28 2016: Slots:
3184 Wed Nov 23 09:29:28 2016: Ignoring: no such table: fav (no such table: fav)
3183 Wed Nov 23 09:29:28 2016: Restoring any favourites.
3182 Wed Nov 23 09:29:28 2016: Opening /var/lib/humaxtv/rsvp.db
3181 Wed Nov 23 09:29:28 2016: rsvsync starting.

but the rsvp.db is empty. Could this be a reason ?

After doing a retune I was most thankful for both tunefix and my schedule backup. I had to reinstate my favourites and wondered whether favourites could be incorporated into tunefix
I think I agree with what others have said, that it's not really an appropriate feature for tunefix.

I agree - it looks like something I need to fix in schedule restore though.

Thanks af - if I can assist please let me know.
Thanks bh & prpr too - as it should happen in schedule restore then my request is superfluous.
Should the title of the thread be changed as it has now become a different animal ?

Really? I recall it always having been available as "more options" when editing post 1 of a topic (assuming you own post 1, that is).

Really? I recall it always having been available as "more options" when editing post 1 of a topic (assuming you own post 1, that is).
af123 is wrong here (gulp!) and you are right, at least in my experience of editing thread titles of ones I've started. It's been like that as long as I can remember (years not months).

Back