Schedule list shows programmes already recorded.

mike_m

This has been happening for a couple of weeks now - when I check the recording schedule (GUIDE + yellow button) I see programmes listed that have already been sucessfully recorded. At first I thought it might be something to do with weird scheduling at Christmas and the New Year. Then I thought it was some problem with the Humax itself, but it's happening with both machines. Then I thought it might perhaps be something that the BBC was (or wasn't) transmitting - but I think it has happened with other channels too.

The picture shows the Schedule screen - University Challenge for last Monday still listed as not having recorded yet. I'm also showing the Media screen, to demonstrate that the programme was successfully recorded on the 10th.

It's probably some setting that I've accidentally pressed without realising it - does anyone have any thoughts?

Hummy_anom.jpg

I've had that happen on the odd occasion in the past. It's always sorted itself out within 24 hours. But AFAIR it's only ever been a single programme with long gaps between occurrences.
If the same thing is happening on two machines it would suggest a non-box cause ... Or one heck of a coincidence.

If you are running the custom firmware are you also using remote scheduling?

Yes to custom firmware, no to remote scheduling. I will try the 'Clear persistent data' when there's a break in the viewing schedule!

I'm having the same problem too. Looking back at my forum profile, we both raised this issue at the same time last year.

https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/schedule-displaying-differently.10042/#post-150688

I did a retune on Sunday and set back up all my timers, but no further ones are being set. So for example the last Emmerdale to be recorded will be this Friday. (Next Monday's didn't get set after last Monday's recorded). Fully populated EPG and all series crids are the same. I've already tried clearing the EPG data - didn't change anything.

I'm just hoping last year's experience pans out this year and everything will be OK next week.

I'm also having the same issue with old schedules showing in the schedule, for a week or two now. I suspect this is also keeping my box in half-awake (blue ring) mode all the time and it's failing to series link some future schedules, such as partial Eastenders BBC1 (e.g. tues and thurs but not picking up friday), The Tourist BBC1 and Screw Ch4. I wiped my schedule completely and the box goes into standby (orange ring) successfully.

Currently doing a fixdisk at the moment but will try the Clear persistent EPG data suggestion once fixdisk is done.

Last edited:
As this seems to be something users wouldn't notice unless they specifically had a look at their schedule (Guide >> Yellow), perhaps we should do so and report how general this is.

I haven't noticed any negative effects, and the HD-FOX I am using right now is not showing anything untoward.

My 2d-worth... Are you sure this isn't the normal 'orphan' schedule reservation that's waiting for the series to re-appear after a gap (as happens to, say Holby when replaced by live football...

AIUI it is part of the Accurate Record spec to retain such series reservations for a period (of many weeks) before being deleted automatically. {and was how PDC was supposed to work, too}.

However I have known BBC (and others) to change the CRIDs partway through series and one loses the reservation for the next episode unless lucky enough to check the EPG and reservations in time... {Almost certainly by error, not deliberate action.}
I note my Foxsat-HDR has an orphaned The Wheel from last Saturday for instance. So not recording next Saturdays... Pretty sure it did the same last week.

I suspect the same has happened for University Challenge.

It'll need reporting to BBC to be resolved.

Are you sure this isn't the normal 'orphan' schedule reservation that's waiting for the series to re-appear after a gap (as happens to, say Holby when replaced by live football...

AIUI it is part of the Accurate Record spec to retain such series reservations for a period (of many weeks) before being deleted automatically.
That's what has happened to the "Digging for Britain" entry, as shown in post #1.
This is something different.

Are you sure this isn't the normal 'orphan' schedule reservation that's waiting for the series to re-appear after a gap
No. The day after a series has recorded an episode you normally see the schedule show either the next episode (date, time) or, if for any reason a next episode isn't found, the reservation will show - - - - in those fields.
The case here is that the day after the recording the reservation still shows the previous day's date and time, which is obviously wrong for these boxes. (In theory a device with catch-up facilities might be able to do something with that :eek: )

Just as an update: I'm still getting the same issue (this time with the other Hummy), showing Dark Woods (More 4, Friday) and Hidden Assets (BBC 4, Saturday) as still to record, even though they both recorded successfully at the appropriate time.
This time I also accessed the schedule via Webif - which, interestingly, shows the normal listing that I would expect; Dark Woods and Hidden Assets appearing at the end of the list with undefined dates and times.

This time I also accessed the schedule via Webif - which, interestingly, shows the normal listing that I would expect; Dark Woods and Hidden Assets appearing at the end of the list with undefined dates and times.
After using the Webif viewer did you check the Humax on screen listing again?
(If it had corrected it might indicate it's a data issue that the poke by webif reset. If not corrected then it's looking more like a glitch in the Humax display code.)

After using the Webif viewer did you check the Humax on screen listing again?
(If it had corrected it might indicate it's a data issue that the poke by webif reset. If not corrected then it's looking more like a glitch in the Humax display code.)
Yes, I did check the screen listing afterwards - it was still as before. I'm going to leave the offending entries untouched for now, to see if they stay there, and whether their presence stops the recording of the next episode.

I modified a recording's time using the on-screen menus earlier and all of yesterday's items suddenly sprang back into view when I saved the modified item.

I wonder if rebooting the HDR will update the scheduled recordings correctly?
Or shutting it down for 2-5 minutes before starting it back up again.

Last edited:
Rebooting hasn't helped mine - they get power-cycled every morning at 4am: into standby mode, power off, 5 mins down, then power up, then out of standby. This is to get around the problem that sometimes occurs when a hummy has locked up, but it is still visible on the network and thus doesn't get diagnosed by a ping.

Back