Scheduled Events Disappearing

ian_j

Over the last few weeks I've noticed that scheduled series have dropped off the schedule causing missed recordings.

QI XL and The Missing are 2 that spring to mind.

After looking in "The Missing" folder today we have realised that we have episodes 1 to 3 but 4 hasn't recorded even though it should have been on the 18th.

Neither of the above is showing anywhere on the schedule and there is only myself that adds or removes items from the schedule.

Anyone else had the same issue.

The Missing is OK so far on my box, with all 4 episodes recorded successfully. I do seem to have had quite a few tracking errors of late though...

All episodes of The Missing have recorded fine for me too. Could there have been some regional variation perhaps due to local events?
I'm on STV (Central Scotland) - Blackhill transmitter.

I only ever use padding for recordings due to previous issues with truncated recordings.

Usually at the end of a series the scheduled item is dropped to the bottom of the schedule list and I delete it. This time though there was no sign of the scheduled items which would have alerted me and made me add them back to the schedule.

I don't understand what has happened here though, 3 items each in the middle of a series just disappeared.

I wondered if the retune had some effect, maybe channels moving round caused issues. Before a retune I always do a manual schedule backup then restore it afterwards.

aaaarrrggghhh

Just browsing through the schedule and noticed Perry And Croft: Made In Britain that was also on our schedule and must have disappeared as we didn't even watch episode 1.

Just had a look at the backup I took before the recent retune and there were a few items that didn't record.

Does this backup list look correct, I have only done the odd manual restore after a retune.

2014 11 27 - Schedule.png

What do you think is wrong with it? Manual backups are named "backup..."; daily auto-backups are named "auto..." and deleted after a couple of weeks.

The number of manual backups, there is no way I have done that many.

If the auto backups are daily why are there none from August 22nd 2013 to 9th of October 2014?

You have a continuous record of auto-backups from 13-27 November - ie two week's worth. The clue is in the prefix "auto-...".

If the auto backups are daily why are there none from August 22nd 2013 to 9th of October 2014?

They are automatically deleted after a couple of weeks, otherwise you'd end up with thousands. Manual backups are left for you to manually deal with.

Have you looked inside any of the ones around the dates you've 'lost' reservations to see if they are in the backups?

That makes sense re the manual backups but there still seems to be a lot.

I've checked the manual backup & all of the missed recording schedule items were on that backup. Just looks like they were not restored.

I've noticed the same thing, Daily Politics on BBC2 didn't record today although it was still in the schedule for today + a programme on Pick TV, and various others, padding set front and back on both, the same thing is happening with HDR Fox and HD Fox both running the latest firmware:

Custom firmware version: 3.00 (build 2130) Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.00)

Custom firmware version: 3.00 (build 2130) Humax Version: 1.02.31 (kernel HD_1.02.31)

it just seems to not record sometimes but recovers for the next scheduled series recording, can't pin down it down but on the Pick TV programme it's happened twice when one series had ended and the next series started the HD Fox didn't record and the schedule disappeared from the list, today The Daily Politics didn't record but it was still in the list and this was during the time that it should have been recording.

I've noticed the same thing, Daily Politics on BBC2 didn't record today although it was still in the schedule for today + a programme on Pick TV, and various others,

From your description that's a different issue. This thread is discussing reservations that seem to actually disappear from the schedule list, or do not restore from the backup. (Obviously they then fail to record.)
Scheduled programmes not recording but remaining scheduled are quite common and most often due to broadcaster cock-ups, clashes with other recordings overrunning, changes of the broadcast schedules, etc.

Surely the only ones affected by the broadcaster would be the ones using AR, I'm using 5 mins padding start and finish and there isn't a recording set before or after the scheduled time, anyway that's the symptom where the program is still in the schedule list, after the first time the one on Pick TV failed and disappeared from the schedule list I set both the HD and HDR to record the same program and both failed to record on the same day with the program disappearing from both schedules.

OK. Your first post seemed to be talking about failed recordings where the reservation remains in the schedule, but it appears you have a mixture of failure modes with some disappearing from the schedule and others remaining in it.
Can you be a bit more specific about which programmes/channels are failing in each manner as that may help identifying what is going on, particularly whether you have two separate issues or whether it is the same thing with different manifestations.

Also, regarding this bit:
... on the Pick TV programme it's happened twice when one series had ended and the next series started the HD Fox didn't record and the schedule disappeared from the list
I wouldn't expect, though it does happen sometimes, a new series to be picked up by series link as usually the new series would have a different ID. When you say the schedule disappeared what time between the series was involved (eg. the next week, or a few months)?

Back