Scheduled events not showing on my HDR Fox T2

macgd016

I know I have done something wrong BUT..........

I have just upgraded to 1.03.12 (I've also tried 1.03.20), all seem to work OK but I can't Restore my scheduled events.

This is not quite true, i can delete & restore them on my PC web browser and see them as Pending Sheduled Events but they do not show on my humax.

I can add new recordings on my humax and they show in my Scheduled Events straight away. I can delete these or add new recording in my web browser and they are added to Pending Scheduled Events but there is no change on my humax.

I have rebooted as requested by the web browser but nothing changes.

Am I just too impatient or do I have a problem?

Unlike changes made using the remote control, changes made by the WeIf (or the Remote Scheduler) are not 'instant', they require one or two standby cycles before they are visible in the TVs on screen menu, this is because the Custom Firmware can only insert a new request on boot-up

I can add new recordings on my humax and they show in my Scheduled Events straight away. I can delete these or add new recording in my web browser and they are added to Pending Scheduled Events but there is no change on my humax.

I have rebooted as requested by the web browser but nothing changes.

Am I just too impatient or do I have a problem?
You should see them after 1 reboot, so you have a problem. Are they still in the Pending queue or have they disappeared?
What does rsvsync.log show (on the Diagnostics page)?

(I've also tried 1.03.20)
No you haven't - that would be 1.02.20.

Check that the HDR is rebooting properly by doing it manually rather than via the WebIF: Touch the front panel button so that it changes from blue to dim red, then listen for the HDD to spin down and/or the lights on the Ethernet socket to go out and/or a drive connected to the USB ports to power down. Then kill the mains power and restore it - the HDR should come on briefly then fall back to standby. Now power it up.

This is belt and braces, but it absolutely ensures there is no possibility that there has not been a boot cycle. If the HDR failed to enter full standby in the previous paragraph, you have a "delinquent half-awake" state (see Things Every... - click, section 18) - all you can do without sorting that out first is to kill power.

If, after all that, your pending queue is not being incorporated, there is a serious problem.

Last edited:
Touch the front panel button so that it changes from blue to dim red
The LED colour changes from dim Blue to dim Amber rather than dim Blue to dim Red, unless you have Redring installed AND the unit is recording a TV programme at the time, in which case the LED colour would go from Red to dim Red

OK, thanks for the advice. I have done a full reboot as advised but the problem remains as before.

There are a couple of additional bits of information, the main webIF screen gives me a warning that 'the recording schedule has been restored' and does this every time the humax is rebooted. I am also finding that after rebooting the box it seems to crash a few seconds later and then reboots itself again.

Aha!

Put something (anything) in the schedule manually (ie not via WebIF) then do a schedule backup (via WebIF).

As I said in my first post when I do that they show up in my Scheduled Events straight away

Anyhow I've done as you asked, what then?

Last edited:
Previously I also regressed to the first available custom firmware on wiki but the result is the same. Back on 1.03.12 again now though.

Last edited:
Put something (anything) in the schedule manually (ie not via WebIF) then do a schedule backup (via WebIF).
I've tried a couple of other things was well. As i said earlier adding a manual recording using my remote works fine and shows up on the humax & in my webIF Scheduled Events. If I manually add a recording on the humax that is already in my pending scheduled events in webIF it then shows in webIF scheduled events as a blue entry with lines through then. Not sure what any of this means though!

It means it's deleted pending removal.

My idea was that if the WebIF sees an empty schedule, it assumes there has been a retune which caused the schedule to be wiped and tries to restore it. If the schedule backup is empty, it restores an empty schedule and still thinks the schedule needs restoring. That would have explained at least some of what you have reported.

It seems to me that my humax has well and truly got its knickers in a twist then. Tomorrow I will try and clear the system as far as I can without loosing my recordings, I ran the System Flush Update File before installing 1.03.12 so I will run that again, is there anything else I can do before backing up all my recordings to my PC and doing some form of factory reset?

It seems to me that my humax has well and truly got its knickers in a twist then. Tomorrow I will try and clear the system as far as I can without loosing my recordings, I ran the System Flush Update File before installing 1.03.12 so I will run that again, is there anything else I can do before backing up all my recordings to my PC and doing some form of factory reset?
Yawn. No it hasn't. It's just you. Uninstall the auto-schedule-restore package. It's beyond your capability to understand how it works.

Yawn. No it hasn't. It's just you. Uninstall the auto-schedule-restore package. It's beyond your capability to understand how it works.

Clearly it's beyond your capability to be civil so please keep your comments to yourself.

Before doing anything too drastic I deleted all backups to the one immediately before I updated the firmware and then re-tuned the channels again so that the Auto-schedule could work normally. The autotune worked fine, the recording schedule that added manually last night was deleted and webIF tells me that 'The recording schedule has been automatically restored'. As before there is nothing in my recording schedule on the humax and webIF shows a list of Pending Scheduled Events.

Unless someone can suggest a quick fix I think what I should do now is clear the Humax right back to a virgin state and start from scratch, but if possible without losing my recordings. I see various features that seem to help with this, Return to Factory Defaults, RMA, System Flush Update File but I'm unsure whether I should do all or these things or whether one will do all that I need. Could someone please advise

Much as you don't like it, I would take prpr's advice and remove the auto-schedule-restore package. That seems to be the root of your problems. I don't use it, because I manage all retunes myself.

Back