SCRIDs

prpr

Seems like the BBC can't get their SCRIDs right for Today at Wimbledon.
Mon-Thu, and then Sun are OK, but Fri, Sat and next Mon are missing.
How hard is it?

Meanwhile I am trying to find something that hasn't been cancelled because of Wimbledon!
(plus we can expect everything else to be rescheduled at last minute if Murray is on court)

plus we can expect everything else to be rescheduled at last minute if Murray is on court
Yes.
If the UK has any other tennis players, no matter how bad, if there is the merest whiff of a chance they might win a set - a complete change-up to the schedule.

I think it largely unlikely, at least as published so far, given how the schedule has been constructed this year.

If the UK has any other tennis players, no matter how bad, if there is the merest whiff of a chance they might win a set - a complete change-up to the schedule.
I think there are a total of 13 British players in the first round of Wimbledon. I suspect only 2 or 3 will get very far this year.

You both have more faith in the BBC than I do. :)

I'm with EEPhil on this one. With the switch of local news to HD, I figured i would try recording the HD version. Up to now I have been recording the national news on HD, then the local news of SD, then the one Show on HD, all using padding. Tried changing to record the local news with HD, using AR on all three programs, and ended up with a mess, one night it was three quarters of an hour of national news, three quarters of an hour of local news, and no one show (well a zero length recording), because I suspect they screwed up the AR markers. Other nights had different combinations.

Went back to my original method with local news on SD and padding on all the recordings, and sanity is restored.

I'm with EEPhil on this one. With the switch of local news to HD, I figured i would try recording the HD version. Up to now I have been recording the national news on HD, then the local news of SD, then the one Show on HD, all using padding. Tried changing to record the local news with HD, using AR on all three programs, and ended up with a mess, one night it was three quarters of an hour of national news, three quarters of an hour of local news, and no one show (well a zero length recording), because I suspect they screwed up the AR markers. Other nights had different combinations.

Went back to my original method with local news on SD and padding on all the recordings, and sanity is restored.
I routinely record BB national and local news on SD using AR and it usually second perfect even though there is no filler add between the two programmes,
If it does go wrong it is by minutes rather than seconds.

When recording back to back programmes padding is ignored.

Tried changing to record the local news with HD, using AR on all three programs, and ended up with a mess, one night it was three quarters of an hour of national news, three quarters of an hour of local news, and no one show (well a zero length recording), because I suspect they screwed up the AR markers.
Was this within the last 8 days? I will be able to confirm or debunk your theory if so.

Was this within the last 8 days? I will be able to confirm or debunk your theory if so.
Umm, no, it was soon after addition of local news to HD, so a month or more ago.

I routinely record BB national and local news on SD using AR and it usually second perfect even though there is no filler add between the two programmes,
If it does go wrong it is by minutes rather than seconds.

When recording back to back programmes padding is ignored.

Padding is ignored, but the switch point can be quite variable I have found, which is why I have taken to recording the local news on SD, and the national and one show on HD (as the local news was only on SD at the time).

Dammit, I've just spotted House Of Games has changed its SCRID.
That is because it is a week of repeats of an old festive HoG, which is followed by two weeks of a new festive HoG - with of course yet another SCRID
We also have SCRID changes for Christmas University Challenge, QI XL and no doubt many others that I haven't spotted yet"
Meanwhile Countdown continues year after year using the same SCRID

That is because it is a week of repeats of an old festive HoG, which is followed by two weeks of a new festive HoG - with of course yet another SCRID
Yes, I saw it doesn't continue into next week. It seems obvious to me: if people routinely record House Of Games, they don't care that the producers think of it as a separate series!

Yes, I saw it doesn't continue into next week. It seems obvious to me: if people routinely record House Of Games, they don't care that the producers think of it as a separate series!
Even more stupidly Homes under Hammer has three different SCRIDs for this weeks episodes!

It so annoys me to get 'repeats' within the same scheduled recordings. That I have to sit through until we finally twig we have seen them.
Ditto for the 'related' progs to the main show we record. If I want the 'related' show I'll set it to record myself thank you Broadcaster.

Surely last years 'specials' of HoG that is being repeated you have seen already??
Even more stupidly Homes under Hammer has three different SCRIDs for this weeks episodes!
Possibly 100% correct - episodes from different series (seasons in US speak) shown in the same week.

This is one of those 'damned if you do' and 'damned if you don't' issues.

Poor design of original epg format.
They should have designed in specific fields for New/Repeat indicators, series and episode numbers
Having to parse such details from the programme description with no consistency as to how (if at all) they will be presented is not good.

They should have designed in specific fields for New/Repeat indicators, series and episode numbers
What happens when things get re-versioned though? e.g. A 45 minute Repair Shop turns into a 60 minute Repair Shop with the same content and more from another 45 minute programme. How do you assign series/episode numbers then?

If you don't remember having seen it, does it matter?! But surely that's better than missing one because it had a different CRID.
But we DO remember - just not immediately. :mad: Life's too short to watch things over and over ;)

Missing an episode of something is often unimportant (and one can often use streaming catchup in this era.)

You soon fill in any gaps missed: we caught up with around ten missing years of EastEnders easily enough. :roflmao:

We stopped recording things like Homes Under and Escape To because they recorded all episodes in the week when only one or two were actually new. Spent more time finding out it was a repeat and deleting than actually watching a programme (it felt like).

Back