Seagate Pipeline 2Tb ST2000VM003

OK, but you do not mention the main point of my post which is technical obsolescence of the HARD DISK!?
What is more important is that these drives are obsolescent and about to become obsolete.
What is important about that, other than the difficulty of obtaining one? You're talking as if you understand engineering without demonstrating commensurate understanding. The HDR-FOX was designed to operate with the Seagate, so even if it is not up to modern spec, its "technical obsolescence" is also irrelevant.

If you can get one... get one (obsolete or not). If you can't, you'll have to take your chances with something else and volunteer to be the guinea pig.

No, you were not unsuccessful in pointing in pointing out the differences between HD and HDD.
The thread is titled "Seagate Pipeline...." so I would assume 99% of readers would accept the abbreviation.
That's just arrogant bollox. You're a newcomer here, so who are you to judge? You want to reach the wisest possible audience for your query, and it is not uncommon "we" skim-read new posts and don't want the extra overhead of working out what context "HD" is being used in. Why should we, when "HDD" resolves the issue?

First time is excusable, second time suggests you can't be arsed.

Thanks for info, I am making enquires ATM and waiting for a replies. The Sky Hawk seems the best bet and others (not on this list have already used it successfully. There are also WD drives that have been successfully installed.
As I have always used Seagate and WD's for many years (Hitachi "Death" Star!!), I will limit my enquiries to those.
I am interested in keeping the Hummy going as I only got it 6 months ago after many happy years with a DS.

Will keep the list informed of any progress/info.

FYI "Progress Info now on "Seagate Replacement HDD" thread.

Last edited:
What is important about that, other than the difficulty of obtaining one?
That is/was only my point, I am just trying to keep the box serviceable into the future and thought it would be useful to try and give information on possible replacements as the "Pipeline" HDD became obsolete.
You're talking as if you understand engineering without demonstrating commensurate understanding.
Without going too deeply into my background, I have been in electronic engineering for my whole working life mostly in repair and logistic support. The last 7 years were in project management where I helped set up international spares databases which also included obsolescence tracking, therefore I think I do understand engineering, though you may want to continue to argue I have not demonstrated it or made myself clear!
The HDR-FOX was designed to operate with the Seagate, so even if it is not up to modern spec, its "technical obsolescence" is also irrelevant.
Yep, the point of my post being only HDD obsolescence is stated in #17
If you can get one... get one (obsolete or not). If you can't, you'll have to take your chances with something else and volunteer to be the guinea pig.
I am that "volunteer" ATM, although I am not really encouraged by comments below.
That's just arrogant bollox. You're a newcomer here, so who are you to judge? You want to reach the wisest possible audience for your query, and it is not uncommon "we" skim-read new posts and don't want the extra overhead of working out what context "HD" is being used in. Why should we, when "HDD" resolves the issue?
The "OK" in post #17 was an acceptance of the point, and there was no need for the comment above or below.
First time is excusable, second time suggests you can't be arsed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back