Sending me loopy!

Aerial was fitted less than 12 months ago, I can't try it elsewhere in the house as the other tv runs sky hd

Na cause the aerial is direct thru the wall no boxes etc just a direct cable from roof to hd box!

Did you check to see if you had any channels in the 800s? Although Telford is generally served by The Wrekin from the coverage maps you are not that far away from a couple of other transmitters - so if your antenna points at them the box may have picked up those weak muxes. Have you checked which UHF RF channels your box is picking up?

There are 2 muxes on The Wrekin (which has Film4 Viva etc) that are half the power of the other muxes like the one with BBC etc which probably explains why those are affected.

A quick look at the DigitalUK website - I think The Wrekin transmitter is due for DSO in March/April at which point it should give you a stronger signal - you might just wait until then to save playing with cables and amps etc.

yeah its straight from the wall!
because when you move it about, you get different results, that would suggest a cable problem, to try to prove its the coax, leave the box in one position and move the cable only, and look at the results from that

Ill have ago moving the wire etc if all else fails I'll be back to my TVs tuner till switchover

Hm does seem to be the cable! The extension wire makes the signal drop massively arGH the cable should be fine it's new hm any recommendations on an extension wire?

Hm does seem to be the cable! The extension wire makes the signal drop massively arGH the cable should be fine it's new hm any recommendations on an extension wire?

What extension wire? I thought you said the cable was continuous from aerial to box. Without knowing what you have currently it is difficult to advise but generally speaking a well screened cable with properly made joints is what will give the best results.

Forgot when I moved my tv from one end to the other I had to use a big extension wire which was nicely hiding away! My bad! Still wouldn't expect it to kill my signal that much

Forgot when I moved my tv from one end to the other I had to use a big extension wire which was nicely hiding away! My bad! Still wouldn't expect it to kill my signal that much

The longer it is the more it degrades the signal, is the surplus nicely coiled up? if it's too tight or worse kinked, then it is practically useless,
you need the shortest possible fly lead from wall to box, pref a commercially bought one and not a cheapo.

My instinct is that if moving the cable makes a substantial difference to the signal then either the connector is not properly fitted or there is a kink in the cable.

if the conductor is broken, the conductor could still form a cct, however the characteristic's of the cable would change everytime it moved.

I was gonna try the box direct to the aerial but bloody hdmi leads don't stretch 3/4ft lol doh! Maplins it is

Back