"Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk"

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
(No, I'm not specifically getting at ChrisDaniels!)

Can Tapatalk users not turn this addendum off? If they can, why would they not want to? One of the first things I did when I got an iPad was to find the email client auto-signature and turn off "Sent from my iPad"!

Yes, they can turn it off, or replace it with a signature of their own choice.
IMG_0004.JPG

....or replace it with a signature of their own choice.

I agree with that Brian. It is a personal choice. I have decided to remove the signature when posting via Tapatalk, but that was my desision not taken because it unintentionally annoys people.

It is for each user to decide IMHO.

I don't dictate what other people should or should not put in their signatures, so neither should anyone else.

If we want to talk about annoying signatures, that's an entirely different conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just asking the questions, don't read any more into it than that!

It seems to me that the "Sent from my iPad" default is a deliberate ploy by Apple to indicate to the recipient "the sender is better than you - he's got an iPad", and "sent using Tapatalk" is similarly advertising spam and could be considered a contravention of forum rules. I don't mind using a Tesco carrier bag if they give me a free one and it fulfils a purpose (carrying my groceries), but I object to paying them for a carrier bag that then advertises where I shop. I am more likely to use a Sainsbury's carrier bag to take groceries from Tesco than a paid-for Tesco one.

It seems to me that the only valid reason for appending "sent using Tapatalk" is to appeal for understanding on the part of the reader, as if the process of using Tapatalk produces an unavoidably inferior post.

Another point: signatures using the Forum tools can be removed from view if the reader decides in his preferences. Appendages to posts added by the posting tool cannot.

Last edited:
Not for me it doesn't.

I purchased it ages ago and they are honouring that I paid NOT to have adverts. I have Tapatalk Pro on my iPhone and HD on my iPad, neither has ANY adverts.

It has since become free, hence the adverts.

I purchased it ages ago and they are honouring that I paid NOT to have adverts.

I purchased it too. I emailed them, but no reply. How did you get them to honour your purchase?

Does anyone have the apk for the pro version with adverts suppressed?

I didn't need to email them. I guess it was because I already had it installed (the paid for version), when they changed their business model.

I have Tapatalk Pro v3.01 installed on my iPhone, and Tapatalk HD v1.6.2 on my iPad. I don't have adverts appearing on either.

Yes, that's why I bought it. If I use something a lot I generally pay rather than endure the free ad-supported version. Unfortunately, in this case, the ad and pro versions disappeared and got replaced by an ad-only one.

There are Forum Reader and Forum Fiend but one at least has a yearly subscription for removing ads!

Although I don't use my phone for email- 'sent from my Samsung mobile' default sounds........what?

No, Tapatalk, I am not interested in your gaudy bad taste shoes.

I purchased it too. I emailed them, but no reply. How did you get them to honour your purchase?
The last update made the adverts more intrusive so I finally sent them my proof of purchase from 2013. They have flagged my account as VIP and no more adverts : )

Back