Series recording on Pick TV

The rs package will (at some point in the near future) download the instruction to add this reservation to your recording schedule. Even when downloaded, your HDR-FOX must go through a reboot before that instruction can be actioned. Once downloaded (but before a reboot), the WebIF view of the recording schedule will show it as a pending action (the same as when you set a recording via the WebIF).

I see. I'll wait for the pending action in the webif then reboot. Thank you for your help. I'm guessing this process can take a while to complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Under normal circumstances, search hits have a week's notice before they need to be actioned. Assuming the HDR is not either on 24/7 or off and inactive 24/7, there should be ample opportunity for an RS hit to be downloaded and incorporated into the recording schedule. If on the other hand you wish to make emergency recordings while out and about, you need a strategy in place that will cause periodic wake-ups - one to fetch the new reservation and the next to incorporate it - prior to a new recording start time.

Can this wake up period be anytime of the day as long as it's before the recording programmes? Also do i set it up on the remote scheduler site? I see a add wake-up/sleep period under the schedule list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, any time of day. If you are using disable-ota you will already have one cycle per day (assuming your HDR is not permanently turned on).

I do not recommend the RS/WebIF wake & sleep entries. These add the equivalent of extra timer on/off settings to the hidden schedule (items which do not show up on the normal Humax menus), and have been known to cause misoperation. To add another wake-up to the daily schedule, use a manual reminder reservation (Guide >> Schedule (yellow) >> New Reservation). Obviously you will want to schedule these reservations for times it will be unlikely the HDR is doing anything else.

If you are using disable-ota you will already have one cycle per day (assuming your HDR is not permanently turned on).
You will if you aren't too : ) The nightly OTA check is equally sufficient.

I see. I'll wait for the pending action in the webif then reboot. Thank you for your help. I'm guessing this process can take a while to complete.

It will be tomorrow morning now. The system only processes the list of automatic events once per day.

A clear case of RTFM.
A bit unfair. The OP wanted to know how the mechanism for the RS to command the HDR to make the recording works - ie does the RS directly signal the HDR to start recording - and the answer is that the rs package in the HDR CF downloads additions to the normal recording schedule at regular intervals which then have to be incorporated into the normal programme of scheduled recordings.

You could redeem yourself by providing a link to TFM which states this.

Back