Since we'll all be locked in our houses, Coronavirus

What's this chlorine shit all about anyway. We put chlorine in our drinking water to disinfect it, and loads in swimming pools.
Apart from that, the US does not use chlorine to dip its chicken in now much anyway.
It's just the usual scaremongering by the tiny minority vociferous 'right on' righteously woke animal rights zealots who would rather see our chicken riddled with e-coli and other dread bacteria.

Interesting article HERE, especially the opening paragraph to point 6.

What's this chlorine shit all about anyway. We put chlorine in our drinking water to disinfect it, and loads in swimming pools.
Apart from that, the US does not use chlorine to dip its chicken in now much anyway.
It's just the usual scaremongering by the tiny minority vociferous 'right on' righteously woke animal rights zealots who would rather see our chicken riddled with e-coli and other dread bacteria.

Interesting article HERE, especially the opening paragraph to point 6.
A couple for you to read Trev https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47440562 & https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Smith_Institute

But UK is defying the rest of the western world (and the antipodes) and have decided that it's ok.
I have no insider knowledge on 5G procurement, but one presumes GCHQ has been consulted.

It seems to me there is a compromise to be struck. Trump didn't want us to procure Huawei kit, but is he ready and willing to supply kit from there and sufficient guarantees that the CIA don't have a back door? It would be nice to think we could develop home-grown kit, but I think that bird has flown. It seems sensible to buy in kit where that kit can be deployed in such a way that it is not a security threat, and control our own solution for sensitive stuff. That way we can get the bulk of the infrastructure from wherever is best/cheapest.

We already do that on existing telecoms: end-to-end encryption using elliptic functions with public-private key pairs certified and issued by GCHQ for UK Armed Forces global communications. No doubt there is similar for governmental comms.

Now I have to go out and shoot myself.

I don't not believe that covid-19 was created in a lab or that Chinese government is planning to attack people in the West by somehow using the 5G network to spread the disease. You don't really believe this stuff do you?
wherever did I say that?

as to whether you're a leftie or not. here's your choices: leftie, rightie or some nutjob / really messed up dude.

which are you?

if it's not clear i'm the nutjob. :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

I agree with much of what you posted but I do not think you can totally rule out the lab in Wuhan as bats are a common subject for virus research all over the world. As for animal husbandry it is not just Asia that needs to be scrutinised, taking a look at America's chicken farming shows that its not just chlorine we should be concerned of when they try to force us into buying their poultry. Most of the western world also needs to clean up its act. As for Huawei 5G being a threat, yes maybe but so is Facebook, Google and Apple and we already have plenty of proof of their dodgy dealings with the American government.
he says he agrees and then proceeds to destroy the whole post, ladies and gentlemen I think we've just found the third way.

Have you noticed the +Quote button, whereby you can put multiple quotes (with answers) into one post to save having to make multiple posts?

Have you noticed the +Quote button, whereby you can put multiple quotes (with answers) into one post to save having to make multiple posts?
I have indeed.

the thing is, I only wanted to make one post at a time.

right, so the bbc, finally, have confirmed my post, which was deleted by af123, (surely only the swear words needed deleting) in which I said that the Chinese commies have lied about the numbers

also, further proof that policy made on the hoof because you're scared of greta is shite

Last edited:
what do you think this article says? couldn't be bothered with the other one
" Simply put I think you are an antagonistic blinkered dickhead and no amount of debate or counter argument would ever change your perceptions so rather than waste my time feeding your desperate need to prove your superiority in all things over anyone with an opposing view to yours no matter the subject I prefer to just let you carry on convincing everyone else here that I am correct about you."

Exactly what part of my previous comment are you unable to understand ? I think it more than answers all of the questions you keep aiming at me.

From the Sainsbury's email bulletin this morning:
When I wrote last, we had offered 450,000 elderly and vulnerable customers priority booking to online delivery. At the end of last week we received the government database, which includes details of all the people in England who have registered with the government to say that they are vulnerable and need help getting a food shop. Since then we have been able to match almost 150,000 additional customers against our database.

What? "Who have registered with the government". What registration?

The govt probably sent all the vulnerable people an email inviting them to register.
They're clever that way :o_O:

You can register as "extremely vulnerable" at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable if you didn't get a letter saying that you are. I think I saw the invitation to do this on Sainsbury's website.
The data used to define vulnerable seems to have been very patchy and missed a lot of people with conditions that should have been included.

This 'social media' shit has an awful lot to answer for with all it's fake news and absolutely stupid rumours. Trouble is that a lot of idiotic people believe it, so it then becomes 'fact'.

Back