Since we'll all be locked in our houses, Coronavirus

Mail: "...expected to announce a number of 'easements' to the lockdown rules. These will include ending the once-a-day restriction on outdoor exercise..." similar was announced by Wales yesterday.

I am still not aware of any regulation restricting the number of times a day, and I recall it having been specifically announced that this was so. It seems to me the main problem is few people know what the regs actually are - including those in public office. In the park I mentioned before, one notice that you're not allowed to drive there is gone, but there remains another on a different entrance. And having heard the advice that benches are not to be put out of bounds, some jobsworth has seen fit to put signs of them saying not to touch and to change your clothes immediately you get home (isolating them for three days before washing them). Somebody, somewhere, is making up their own rules!

Local councils and their employees are, in my opinion, the least likely of any UK organisation to make sensible decisions about things that are not written down as specific, detailed laws (and not always then).
I could go on, but you get the idea ... :rolleyes:

I am still not aware of any regulation restricting the number of times a day
The Statutory Instrument which became law on 26th March certainly doesn't make such a restriction. It merely states:
uksi_20200350 said:
Restrictions on movement
6.—(1) During the emergency period, no person may leave the place where they are living
without reasonable excuse.
(2) For the purposes of paragraph (1), a reasonable excuse includes the need—
...(b) to take exercise either alone or with other members of their household;
I can see no caveats.

Added: However, with SI's a minister of state might be able to sign an order and update the law without scrutiny, so you never know.

Last edited:
is it not worrying how quickly pc plod took on dictatorial powers?

on another hand I see that our so lauded coders here have chosen to proffer no opinion on ferguson's model.
it turns out that you do not need to be a coder to see that what spooked the govt is a shitty piece of work which ffs cannot even be run on different or multithreaded computers.

and lastly wtf is wrong with this forum that running through treacle is faster than posting sthing?

Works fine for me.
Lack of posts just means everything is working OK. Or people are out enjoying the weather.

I know it's old fashioned and completely contrary to social media's raison d'etre, but I think that if one has nothing useful or interesting to say, say nothing.

yeah, went in anonymously and indeed the forum runs fast.

wtf is going on ? this website is the only one that loads up shitty.

Its a conspiracy, must be the new world order lefty commies taking revenge on their enemies. By the way its all working fine for me. Check the members online list and see if any of the robots sound Chinese.

Back